Tempur Sealy International Interview Questions in Lexington, KY | Glassdoor

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their hr business partner who somehow had my resume and went in for an initial interview. Interviewed with the hiring manager, co-worker, then spoke with the hr business partner. All seemed well and I was very interested in the position.

Came back for a second round of interviews. Two of the people were completely scatter-brained and interrupted me each time I was giving an answer to ask another question. It was terrible and I get the feeling that there is no training for interviewing for these people. One of them didn't understand my work samples well enough to know what he was looking at, which was a bad sign. A third person was very organized and that went well enough. Met again with the co-worker then with the hr business partner again. We talked money a little bit and she was doing her best to find out how much I make currently. Fun fun fun. She also couldn't recall who provided their health care but did tell me that TSI won't provide health care coverage for a spouse if the spouse's employer offers any kind of health care plan. Anyhow, they told me they would follow-up and I haven't heard anything over a month later. They did not even provide me the detailed benefits information that was promised.

Would not repeat the experience and I have a bad impression overall. People who walked around the building seemed kind of downtrodden.

Interview Questions

• If you won the lottery and didn't need to work, what would you do with your time? (Seriously, what this has to do with the job I can't figure out. This is just a sample of one of the crazy questions I was asked.)   1 Answer
    • How much do you currently make?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

I was not asked many questions. Just basics like if I had heard of certain technologies. Interviewer did most of the talking. I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience with Office 365 of SharePoint?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

Two-step interview. One with the hiring managers as a group and one with the CTO. Looking for good communication skills, technical expertise, go-getter attitude, and team work. Pretty informal. The company is growing and needs people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Adjusted vacation time and relocation package. Base salary wasn't negotiable.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in February 2012.

Interview

Lots of questions about what their company should do.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our current marketing and what should we be doing differently?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in September 2010.

Interview

Submitted a resume and CL via email to HR. Response took several weeks. First interview via phone took an hour, conducted with a member of HR. Brought in to interview with 5 people, including co-workers and my manager. Offer extended about 4 months after initial resume submission. Slow process due to the company growing quickly and being busy.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the annual revenue for your favorite lunch restaurant. Walk me through the assumptions and calculations you use to reach this answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Successfully negotiated a small pay increase. Took a day or two.