TenarisHydril Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TenarisHydril Interview Questions

2.5

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TenarisHydril (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

A series of local interviews by the immediate supervisor and the Plant Manager, followed by the President and CEO of the company at their headquarters in Pennsylvania. The interview questions were very job and task specific. They want to know how I attain their company’s specific objectives.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions are job specific and task-oriented questions. The questions were individual work performance, the production goals, safety objectives, quality control, and human resources aspects such recruitment, turnover reduction, employment engagement and succession planning.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at TenarisHydril (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency by phone. They gave me some details about the job description and asked if I was interested. I was, so then he sent me more details in writing by email. Then we set up a time for an interview on site, which took place a few days later.

The interview lasted between 1 and 1.5 hours. The interviewer asked more about my work experience and engineering projects from University. He did not ask any theory questions, or anything to show math skills. We also had a conversation about what plans I had for my career. I think he was trying to see if my expectations were compatible with the responsibilities for this position.

I was contacted again by the recruiter to ask me how the interview went. Then he told me that the decision was made to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to describe my senior project in school, in which I used SolidWorks extensively. Also showed me technical drawings to see if I was able to interpret them correctly   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TenarisHydril (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Initially I was informd at my first F2F interview that there would be a total of 5 interviews. The first day I had 2 F2F interviews. The following Monday and Tuesday I had a telephone interview with 2 separate people. That Friday I met with the IT Director for yet another F2F. After two weeks passed, I received an email from the 3rd person with whom I had interviewed over the telephone. He wanted me to come in for an interview the following Tuesday for a F2F with him.

Overall, I did not have a great feeling abotu this company after the 3rd interview in but thought I would see it through. They are not based out of the US and I got the feeling it would not take much to tick someone off from another country. This was really stressed and so it stressed me as well.

Interview Questions

I declined to interview any further because I felt that after 5 interviews if they did not know by now they may never know. This compnay is 60 miles round trip from my home and I was not willing to make the trip again for soemthing that was not guaranteed. Also, it was contract to hire for 6 months. If they could not hire me on then I would have to wait yet another 6 months and so on....

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwego, LA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TenarisHydril (Westwego, LA) in June 2011.

Interview

A staffing agency that received my resume contacted me and asked if I was interested in the position. The agency did all the legwork setting up the interview for me; I had no contact with the company until the day of the interview. On the day of the interview I met with the head of HR and the maintenance supervisor. Because of the position I was applying for, I had to take two written tests: an electrical and a mechanical. The tests were simple and I completed them quickly. After the tests the supervisor brought me to his office to conduct a 1 on 1 interview. It was like any other interview I've had, consisting of basic questions: what my background was in, what can I offer the company, where do I see myself 5 years from now etc. after the interview I was told that I would be contacted for a follow up interview. A week later I was contacted and I went in for the follow up. We discussed pay and I accepted their offer. The last step was a physical and drug screen, that took another week for the results.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite football team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was involved. The wage that was offered to me was higher than I expected.

Helpdesk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TenarisHydril (Houston, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

Interview by a manager and a lead specialist.
    Becareful, This company will promise you a position and the job description will change with no pay raise.
    work culture is not the normal American culture. lots of american employee leave the company and replace by foreign workers from Uruguay and Argentina.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in this field?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to learn ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it .

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Long process but organized. Need be prepared with info about the company business, products volumes...etc

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TenarisHydril (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

very short mostly interested if i could do overtime willing to work weekends and shift work, there seemed to be a lot of questions asked not relating to the job i was applying for