Tencent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tencent Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 weeks, 5 round tech interviews, i was on the campus interview process. one of the problems is Given a n-by-n matrix, each cell has a value of either 0 or 1. A cell indicates a wall if its value is 1. give the length of the shortest path from M[0][0] to M[n-1][n-1]. You can move either up, down, left or right.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was a pretty standard hiring process, first phone interview, second round was a group interview, we had form a team on the fly, and came up with a idea within like 10 mins

Negotiation

The offer was really good

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tencent.

Interview

Interview conducted over the phone. Interview conducted in Mandarin. Asked about experiences working or living in China. Also asked about experiences with legal research. The final decision was made over a month after the interview.

Mobile Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tencent (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The office in Palo Alto is only 6-7 employees large so the process is rather quick. 1 HR screener and 1 Phone Interview and 1 On-site with the BD Director. The office boasts a start-up culture but they have limited backing of the primary company in China. The outfit seems to be experimental and the expansion strategy to North America is very unclear. The interview was very direct with the domain expertise-level questions and a validation of how big your rolodex is to help assist with cold calling issues. Unfortunately the BD team is not strong enough to influence the Product Strategy due to a lack of technical fluency and thus the impact is rather limited in scope that has no hooks for business partners. No behavioral fit questions. Feedback was promptly given 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• What are the key verticals that Tencent should address? What are the benefits for the consumers and the businesses? How would you approach this partner? What are other monetization models that WeChat could evolve?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tencent (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I have 2 on site interviews. The first one last the entire afternoon from 2 pm to 6 pm. I have interviewed with 9 people. I later find out, 3 of them are from my project team, the other 6 are department heads and team leaders from other departments. The interview process is very friendly, non-intimidating. They never asked any "tricky questions" or brain twisters.

The second interview I met with the General manager of the company. It's a very fast and easy meeting, and I had a very good impression with the company.

About 2 days (I think) later, I got the call and was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's pretty straight forward. They give me an offer which was a lot better than my job at the time, so I accepted without much negotiation.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tencent (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in August 2017.

Interview

It's very good. I took the interview in Aug, 2017. The whole process is about 2 weeks. There are four rounds, which are two tech, boss and hr. Overall, it is a good experience and I took the offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tencent (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in July 2017.

Interview

2 Technical phone call interview and 1 HR phone call interview. Technical Interview is about to know about are you doing and will give you some problems to solve. For 1 HR phone call interview, they just chat with you and promise you the offer.

Interview Questions

• Introduce one of your most confident project?   1 Answer
    • How about your research work?   1 Answer
    • Solve some algorithm problems   1 Answer

Game Operation Interview

Interview

30 mins group discussion, asked about the business model and sustainability about a game, 5 mins HR and supervisor Q&A, and then they announced the decision on sight. The HR WAS RUDE AND DID NOT LISTEN TO OUR SUGGESTIONS AT ALL. At last they picked a girl that was the time keeper role.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to make the fee model more sustainable?   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanjing, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tencent (Nanjing, Jiangsu (China)) in May 2017.

Interview

There are 2 technical interviews, 1 hr interview. First technical interview is easy, just talk about your projects and some details. Most of the questions are focusing on the resume, and the left will be the easy algorithms. The second technical interview is also about algorithms, likely the interviewer is a leader of certain group, the problem is easy to answer. And the last is the hr interview, which is most easy round, just talk about the update news and your ambition for technology!

Games Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tencent (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. I took it with other 10 people. Because the number of people the discussing process seemed a bit chaos. We were given a paper and were asked to discuss about a question. The question is that If you are design a computer game based on West World, how do you think the team should meet players' need and make sure players safety at the same time?

Interview Questions

• If you are design a computer game based on West World, how do you think the team should meet players' need and make sure players safety at the same time?   Answer Question