Tennessee Department of Environment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tennessee Department of Environment

Candidate Interview Review

Environmental Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Environment in January 2016.

Interview

Received email asking to complete electronic questionnaire ("first round interview"). The questions were pretty basic, as described below. Received confirmation that I had submitted the questionnaire. Over two months later, received an email stating that I had "failed to timely respond to their invitation to interview" and therefore I was "not selected for hire." Perplexed, I called the number in the email. They had no record of my submittal nor the verification email they sent back to me stating they had received it. I offered to forward the verification email, but the HR rep was not interested. Generally, she was unapologetic when I pointed out this problem and awkwardly hung up on me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Project Management Experience?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked on environmental projects that were regulated by State and/or Federal environmental regulations?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel comfortable working in a team environment and/or leading a team?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable making and presenting presentations that are of complex technical environmental issues?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience in assessing complex technical or controversial environmental issues?   Answer Question