Tennessee Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tennessee Department of Transportation

2.7

ASA II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Jackson, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Very long onboarding process. The interview was a basic interview. It was a few people on the interview panel and it was a bit intimidating. The position was more of a secretary for a certain department within the company. The description should have been a little more specific.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflicting situation with a current co worker and what steps would you take to solve the problem?   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Interview

Filled the basic online form. Then they emailed that I was referred to the hiring manager. Now it's almost two month I have not heard from them. My friend who applied at the same time I applied, invited to have interview with them about a month ago. They did not get back to him as well.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

It was ok I didn't get the job I don't know what went wrong I express my feel about my work experience and how many days missed on my last job I answer the honestly

Highway Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Johnson City, TN) in November 2009.

Interview

Based on score calculated from questionnaire.

Administrative Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Knoxville, TN) in March 2018.

Interview

1. Filled out job resume on last night before closing.
    2. Received email that I met minimums qualifications and to complete online screening questioner.
    3. Received email a week later to call and schedule an interview time.
    4. Offered interview time for a week later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you dealt with conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with Microsoft Office programs?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with on boarding and new employee training?   Answer Question

AECOM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Approximately a 30 minute interview with easy questions and straightforward some technical questions I wasn’t prepared for. Basically they asked questions on almost all areas covered in engineering. They asked questions related to transpo construction design structures surveying etc. I had difficulty recalling surveying content

Interview Questions

• Discuss some concepts you learned in the area of construction engineering   1 Answer

Graduate Transportation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Nashville, TN) in November 2010.

Interview

The initial application and setup of the interview went very well. After arriving at the office, I had to wait about 20 minutes past the time of the interview. Out of the 4 people I interviewed with, only the HR woman seemed interested. The three engineers I spoke with did not seem interested at all. All the questions asked were from a general list. I caught them looking at the clock after 10 minutes. There was no discussion, just a scripted list of questions. When I asked questions, I was given minimal answers with no details. I also heard one of the engineers comment to another, "Only a few more hours of this, then we're done." It just seemed like they were ready to leave and go home the entire time.

Interview Questions

• What industry publications do you read on a regular basis, and describe the article that you learned the most from.   Answer Question

Graduate Transportation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Pannel interviews all held in Nashville, TN.

Interview Questions

• There are about 5 general questions and 3 technical questions and then anyone can ask you questions. Easy process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. they tell you up front what the pay is. They ask you which location you would like and they try to put you there.

Highway Response Operator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty basic. They will interview candidates that have experience in emergency services, or somewhat relatable field. The interview is mostly asking if you feel comfortable with the job, and maybe how you would handle being in some stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working in a dangerous environment?   Answer Question

GTA Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Knoxville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Round one of the interview was a set of online questions about your experiences in school and during internships with one or two technical questions. Once you submit the online set of questions, you were contacted within a week for an in person interview with a panel of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how you believe your education and past experience have prepared you to be a civil engineer with the Tennessee Department of Transportation.   Answer Question