Tennessee Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.7

Highway Response Operator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty basic. They will interview candidates that have experience in emergency services, or somewhat relatable field. The interview is mostly asking if you feel comfortable with the job, and maybe how you would handle being in some stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working in a dangerous environment?   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

It was ok I didn't get the job I don't know what went wrong I express my feel about my work experience and how many days missed on my last job I answer the honestly

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Interview

Filled the basic online form. Then they emailed that I was referred to the hiring manager. Now it's almost two month I have not heard from them. My friend who applied at the same time I applied, invited to have interview with them about a month ago. They did not get back to him as well.

Graduate Transportation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Pannel interviews all held in Nashville, TN.

Interview Questions

• There are about 5 general questions and 3 technical questions and then anyone can ask you questions. Easy process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. they tell you up front what the pay is. They ask you which location you would like and they try to put you there.

Graduate Transportation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Nashville, TN) in November 2010.

Interview

The initial application and setup of the interview went very well. After arriving at the office, I had to wait about 20 minutes past the time of the interview. Out of the 4 people I interviewed with, only the HR woman seemed interested. The three engineers I spoke with did not seem interested at all. All the questions asked were from a general list. I caught them looking at the clock after 10 minutes. There was no discussion, just a scripted list of questions. When I asked questions, I was given minimal answers with no details. I also heard one of the engineers comment to another, "Only a few more hours of this, then we're done." It just seemed like they were ready to leave and go home the entire time.

Interview Questions

• What industry publications do you read on a regular basis, and describe the article that you learned the most from.   Answer Question

Highway Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation (Johnson City, TN) in November 2009.

Interview

Based on score calculated from questionnaire.