Teradata Technical Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teradata Technical Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

3.2

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

There was 1 round with aptitude questions.
    1 round tech was mainly about the data warehousing concepts (basic) and simple sql queries
    1 round HR They asked simple questions about hobbies and academic projects and achievements

Junior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teradata (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

3 stages of interview process - virtual interview (questions were displayed in a portal and you will record your responses), phone interview (where you will be asked on behavior questions and understand the basic benefit and compensation package), and in-person interview with partners

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Was initially referred by a former student in my program. I completed an online interview, then a phone screening, and finally met face-to-face with HR and senior consultants. Overall the process wasn't too difficult and the questions were mostly easy, with a could atypical interview questions thrown in. There was a lot of competition for the position which is likely why I wasn't given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would your least favorite professor have to say about your strengths.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position through the recruiting firm Insight Global. First did a skype interview with the recruiter to verify me as a candidate. They then setup an interview with a Senior Partner that they said would be a normal, information gathering interview that could lead to other interviews. Instead I was blind-sided by a pretty technical interview that was fairly applicable and got harder as it progressed. The interviewer said I did very well (despite my test anxiety) but be prepared for a bait and switch.

I got invited to an in-person interview at one of their offices. I was interviewed by the Technical Analyst that I would work with, then a very senior partner (in charge of Eastern US), and the last one was with a Technical Resourcer who had been with the company 30 years. Those all went well, were useful interviews, and by the end each person non-verbally indicated acceptance of me for the position.

The third interview was with the Senior Partner did my phone interview. The gist of it was that he must have had some lingering doubts about my technical acumen as he pulled the "lets throw several hard to ridiculous, non-applicable, easily researchable questions at him". I was not prepared for it and did OK at first but stumbled on the question below, mostly out of frustration and the fact that I just do poorly in a high pressure verbal quizzing scenario. Based mostly I think on that they decided that my technical competence was lacking. They took four days to let me know (after saying if it was a No they would tell me by the following day), during which I put all other job search activity on hold.

I think they are a great company and would still accept an offer. I am more than qualified for the position, but becasue of the poor interview skills and tactics of one guy they will miss out.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to output all the unique combinations of a string of non-repeating alphabetic characters.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

1 telephonic and 1 f2f interview.it was not that difficult.Telephonic interview conducted for 1 hr and f2f for 45 mins.
    Questions on your past project and related to the stages used in that project

Interview Questions

Interview

Get job listing through the university's job alerts / portal or LinkedIn group. Apply via email with your cover-letter and CV. Wait till you are called for an interview. 4 stages of interview:
    1. Technical Interview
    2. Personality Interview
    3. With Senior Manager
    4. With HR
    Note: You might need to travel to a different city for a different interview.

Interview Questions

• Comparison of multiple technologies (related to your job role) from varying perspectives.   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online and contacted to do an online interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teradata in May 2013.

Interview

One telephonic interview and other face to face interview with manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teradata (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

The office environment are nice. seems to be a relaxing work culture

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a mega-drive held on a weekend. The process started with 1 technical round in which they tested SQL writing skills, Teradata architecture etc., then 1 managerial round which was more about what kind of work we are supposed to do at Teradata, if selected and how was our previous work experience, and then 1 HR round for final salary discussions.

Interview Questions

• Basic Teradata architecture related questions. SQL writing, Project related questions, what I worked on my last project or the entire career experience etc.   Answer Question
    • Expected salary, HR discussions, Managerial round   1 Answer