Teradata Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teradata Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

My initial screening was I phone interview with a recruiter from HR. The interviewer was professional and friendly, described the company and role and gave candid feedback on my fit for the job, where the gaps were and what the next steps would be.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teradata

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted through a recruiter so I had a phone and in-person interview with the recruiter then a phone and 2 in-person interviews with Teradata.

The interview process seemed pretty normal. I don't remember many questions or topics that were unusual. In my interview process I did not have any behavioral question types not related to the actual job.

Interview Questions

• What was the best and worst part of your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (Raleigh, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

Timely and active engagement from initial recruiter during screening process. Thorough interview process meeting with many members of the hiring team and management group onsite and several remote phone interviews with off site stakeholders. There was no final follow up after a 4 interview sessions (2 via phone and 2 onsite visits) which was disappointing after investing so much time as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions but many questions related to the tasks the position was to execute on specifically for the goals for the product-line rather than general position or experience questions - know what their needs are and prepare for that sort of commentary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The Hiring Manager emailed me to set-up a series of Interviews. The interview consisted of 4 1:1 interviews:
    1st Interview with Hiring Manager; We discussed my resume & past experiences & tried to identify pertinent aspects for the job. It was extremely cordial
    2nd Interview was with Director of PM - again a comfortable interview; we discussed merits of Pragmatic Marketing etc
    3rd Interview was with another Product Manager - again cordial; we discussed the infrastructure for PM
    Then Hiring Manager gave me a tour of the campus & told me that they consider me extremely interesting & also asked me my salary expectations. He asked me to comeback the next week & meet another PM - that was on vacation
    4th 1:1 - was cordial; we traded notes on Product Realization Process & felt comfortable about the process
    The Hiring Manager informed that they are in process of wrapping up interview process the next week - they still had some internal candidates to interview
    The next week the Hiring Manager informed me that final decision would be made after 2 weeks
    After 2 weeks, Hiring Manager informed me that they decided to go with an internal candidate for the job - disappointing but understandable.

Interview Questions

• Nothing of note - usual PM questions: top accomplishments, weaknesses (if any) etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

2 phone interview + 2 one-on-one interviews with hiring manager and members of the group. First I was contacted by an administrator who scheduled the meetings. Then the 2 phone interviews for screening, lastly the 2 face-to-face interviews on site.

Interview Questions

• Mostly open ended questions about my previous experiences, with some technical questions, but again pretty open ended (how would you design system X etc.). Lots of focus on personality and whether I "fit in" IMO.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a lower initial package, I asked for a small improvement and this was approved.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

I had applied for the position of a product manager. The first interviewer did not show interest in my past work and started with with linked lists. These were straight out of Cracking the Coding interview and by the time we got to trees, I had lost interest. The interviewer did not encourage loud thinking or pseudocode and was only interested in the final coded solution. There was very little discussion and it looked as if the interviewer only had a checklist of answers with him. At the end, I was asked to rate myself on a huge list of skills. Surprising that they still do that!
    The second interviewer asked questions about smart pointers (something that I had done 6 years ago) and was very particular about the syntax. The funny part came next. The interviewer was interested to know about "his" performance in the interview. Then he went on bragging about his niche skills and how he is a valued employee and what his manager thinks about him.
    I was later told that they may not consider me for "highly technical roles" but have some roles in between. Overall a very badly conducted process.

Interview Questions

• How was the "interviewers" performance in the interview?   Answer Question