Teradata Professional Services Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teradata (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Lots of rounds of interviewing, interviewed with lots of people. They explained this position to me in fine detail. Once I got the job I learned that everything they told me was inaccurate. In some cases they actually lied directly. Their technical consultants are skilled people but they have to write code in old, obsolete frameworks. They also are buried in paperwork, and expect people to constantly bill time---such an amount that it is impossible to make your numbers and go to meetings unless you work 60 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to code on paper---the kind of thing of code no one ever uses, and they put a lot of weight on it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Teradata

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a friend. Got call from HR. The interview panel was of 2 persons. Both were serious managers. One was asking behavioural questions and technical background. The other was asking SQL specific technical questions. Solved quieries on White board.

Interview Questions

• A monkey is climbing a tree. Takes one step forward and 2 back. How many steps will it take to reach the top. The top was 10 steps   2 Answers

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradata (Lahore (Pakistan)) in October 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews , but usually there are three level of interviews . First solely technical while second being aptitude and technical . Third being HR and Country head .

Interview Questions

• What are the different stages of data in a ETL process ?   Answer Question

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Interview

A complete technical interview. Basic SQL with few problems that need to be solved quicky on a board or on a piece of paper.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The starting pay for fresh grads is non negotiable

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Teradata (Moscow (Russia)) in May 2010.

Interview

initial communication - weak and slow, unclear goals, bad planing, interview process -chaotic, long, unstructured, the interviewers were weaker then normal, bad comm skills, very very very poor english language, unclear goals of the interview, number of interviews - 5 interviews, hiring took over 5 months, disaster

Interview Questions

• how exactly do you control costs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

slow, no rules, no justification for company remuneration policy, actually no company policy, weak HR, did not get written proposal, only badly constructed bilingual contract with errors and weak english