Teradata Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview was broken into 4 sessions with one or two engineers in each, followed by lunch onsite with the manager. The interview questions were all over the map because of my work history. Most were reasonable, and the engineers were very polite and accommodating for the most part. There was one interview segment that felt like a speed dating session. He wasn't impressed with any of my answers and often cut me off mid-sentence.

Interview Questions

• How would you count the 100 longest lines in a 100MB text file?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

A phone screen and then in-person of 4 rounds (1-on-1). Questions asked from resume and design-based as the role demands. Not tough but must be prepared to face confidently. White-boarding and culture-fit questions. 1 of the rounds was managerial. I was treated well during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was given a requirement and asked to design application. Added more requirements as the design progressed. to see how I would adapt and generalize the application.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Came into meet with two different managers. Brought me into a room with a whiteboard, and asked mostly about course experience and projects which I have completed. Asked mostly behavioral questions, some technical questions.

Web Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This interview process could not be more tedious, unprofessional, and stressful. After applying in January 2017, I started interviewing in February through end of APRIL, which included seven phone interviews and in-person interviews, in addition to a project that took an entire weekend, as well as submitting more than 15 work samples (because they were "unsure what they wanted to see"). I have never seen anything like it, but tried to be patient and make my way through the process, constantly being proactive and asking for status updates. After making it to the final two, their team told me "We loved your project and we want to meet you for drinks with the team in town -- it will be very casual!" I arrived at this -- what I assumed would be a get-to-know-the-team-before-we-offer-you-the-job meeting (Friday at 7p.m.) and after two hours of unnecessary socializing, they told me they were still considering someone else, who was ultimately offered the job. I have never seen a more drawn-out process, with a team so inconsiderate of people's time and energy. Needless to say, it is a self-proclaimed "indecisive company" and "are aware our interview process takes months." Don't waste your time applying/interviewing here! Horrible, disrespectful personal experience.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This was an onsite interview in the San Diego campus. I was found smoothly and took a quick tour of the site. Afterwards, met the team and then they sat around asking my experience and gave me a feeling of what working with them would be like, with opportunities to ask questions. Gave me questions which I needed to code on the whiteboard in the conference room. Then time afterwards to discuss any concerns I may have.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got back from a recruiter a week later. He set up a phone interview and provided forms I had to send back with my information. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes. Interviewer was nice and friendly and very helpful. I was asked about any hardware experience, agile environment, linux and unix stuff, and if I knew anything about scripting and bash. In the beginning it was more behavioral though, and later he asked about my projects and skills I listed on my resume and how familiar I was. He told me about the position and what it would require as well as information on the team and structure. I got an onsite interview invitation by the manager which were with 4 people and then the manager at the end. Mostly behavioral again and everyone was nice to talk to as if we were co-workers just talking about ourselves at lunch. Had a few technical questions that shouldn't be a problem for problem solvers and CS graduates related to puzzles and data structures. Invited one more time to meet another member on the team who did a similar routine with a little more technical related questions about his work and what I could encounter as well as gave me helpful information on what I would learn. Overall, a very efficient process and friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....
      Tell me about your projects...
      Do you how to manipulate "insert data structure" to do....   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I spoke to an engineer at the career fair and someone followed up with me within a week or so. I had a phone interview scheduled with an engineer and it was mostly behavioral with some questions about my background and knowledge on certain skills I listed on my resume and projects.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter asking to interview at a school career fair. The interview consisted of a few logic puzzles and a coding question. It was pretty chill and was not timed. This was the only interview in the process.

Interview Questions

• A few logic puzzles and a basic coding question.   1 Answer

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process started out weird. Their HR person kept calling at odd times and we played phone tag for several days. Then, she suddenly called and asked if could do a phone interview only a few hours later.

Phone interview went fine and it progressed to an in-person interview. The questions and experience were average. I sent my thank yous a day or two after. But, the interview is the last I ever heard or saw from them. No email telling me they were pursuing other candidates, no phone call to let me know I wasn't in the running. Just a black hole.

Entry Level Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn, who forwarded my resume to the hiring manager of the department writing software for internal consumption. We set up a phone call, where the whole dev team (3 at the time) asked me questions about my background and tech skills. They ended phone call, and I received a follow-up email for an in-person interview, which we scheduled for the next week. I met the team in a conference room at Teradata Labs in Rancho Bernardo, and had a discussion with team regarding tech stack, values, best practices, etc. The technical portion consisted of all the "gotcha" questions about JavaScript, HTML, and CSS, which I could answer half of, and two white boarding algorithm questions. Although I misinterpreted what was being asked, I was able to solve algorithms. There was also one logic/situational question, involving data structures. The manager kindly showed me around the facility, and escorted me out.

Interview Questions

• Take a string as an input, reverse each individual word, return new string with reversed words.   1 Answer