Teradata Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.5

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Came into meet with two different managers. Brought me into a room with a whiteboard, and asked mostly about course experience and projects which I have completed. Asked mostly behavioral questions, some technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got back from a recruiter a week later. He set up a phone interview and provided forms I had to send back with my information. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes. Interviewer was nice and friendly and very helpful. I was asked about any hardware experience, agile environment, linux and unix stuff, and if I knew anything about scripting and bash. In the beginning it was more behavioral though, and later he asked about my projects and skills I listed on my resume and how familiar I was. He told me about the position and what it would require as well as information on the team and structure. I got an onsite interview invitation by the manager which were with 4 people and then the manager at the end. Mostly behavioral again and everyone was nice to talk to as if we were co-workers just talking about ourselves at lunch. Had a few technical questions that shouldn't be a problem for problem solvers and CS graduates related to puzzles and data structures. Invited one more time to meet another member on the team who did a similar routine with a little more technical related questions about his work and what I could encounter as well as gave me helpful information on what I would learn. Overall, a very efficient process and friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....
      Tell me about your projects...
      Do you how to manipulate "insert data structure" to do....
      Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I spoke to an engineer at the career fair and someone followed up with me within a week or so. I had a phone interview scheduled with an engineer and it was mostly behavioral with some questions about my background and knowledge on certain skills I listed on my resume and projects.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process started out weird. Their HR person kept calling at odd times and we played phone tag for several days. Then, she suddenly called and asked if could do a phone interview only a few hours later.

Phone interview went fine and it progressed to an in-person interview. The questions and experience were average. I sent my thank yous a day or two after. But, the interview is the last I ever heard or saw from them. No email telling me they were pursuing other candidates, no phone call to let me know I wasn't in the running. Just a black hole.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter asking to interview at a school career fair. The interview consisted of a few logic puzzles and a coding question. It was pretty chill and was not timed. This was the only interview in the process.

Interview Questions

• A few logic puzzles and a basic coding question.   1 Answer

Entry Level Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn, who forwarded my resume to the hiring manager of the department writing software for internal consumption. We set up a phone call, where the whole dev team (3 at the time) asked me questions about my background and tech skills. They ended phone call, and I received a follow-up email for an in-person interview, which we scheduled for the next week. I met the team in a conference room at Teradata Labs in Rancho Bernardo, and had a discussion with team regarding tech stack, values, best practices, etc. The technical portion consisted of all the "gotcha" questions about JavaScript, HTML, and CSS, which I could answer half of, and two white boarding algorithm questions. Although I misinterpreted what was being asked, I was able to solve algorithms. There was also one logic/situational question, involving data structures. The manager kindly showed me around the facility, and escorted me out.

Interview Questions

• Take a string as an input, reverse each individual word, return new string with reversed words.   1 Answer

Senior Cloud Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

HR discussion to understand the background of resume and suitability to the role at high level. Telephonic interview by Hiring manager followed by half a day in person interview at San Diaego campus. 3 or 4 people approximately 45 mins to 1 hours each.

Interview Questions

• Project Background, Cloud Architecture, Past experience on pre-sales process, Client interfacing questions, some of the white boarding, show the architecture diagram and ask the opinion/understanding of the architecture   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

My initial screening was I phone interview with a recruiter from HR. The interviewer was professional and friendly, described the company and role and gave candid feedback on my fit for the job, where the gaps were and what the next steps would be.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

HR initially contacted me with a questionnaire. Afterwards, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, mostly questions about my skills and background. I was then brought on site for an interview. It was seven rounds, mostly resume questions with some basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were over my experiences and what I was looking for in a new job   Answer Question

HR insisted on pay stubs before an offer was extended. They then set a low offer and would not increase it. I declined because the salary was too low and the hiring practices hinted at a very rigid, inflexible corporate structure.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Must be a very female friendly place. I was interviewed by 9 women individually or in groups of 2-3. All quite a bit younger than me. No guys at all. I felt like the token male that you have to interview for appearance sake. It was repeatedly emphasized during the interview process what a great team they are and how well everybody supports each other. The whole thing had a sort of collective narcissism feel to it. After 2.5 hours of interviewing, I was hustled out the door and received my rejection a week or so later. No surprise there!

Interview Questions

• It's been a while and I tossed my notes. It was pretty much standard fare.   1 Answer