Terex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2018

2.8

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Phone screen with general questions. In person interview started with 1 hour factory tour followed by panel interview with ~10 people. Panel asked random questions based on resume. No one on the panel had read the resume or done any research on me prior to interview.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

I heard about the position from friends at school. I applied, specifically including hands on experience in car maintenance and shop experience, and was contacted by a Terex recruiting manager 48 hours later. We briefly discussed the position and within 6 hours I had a phone interview scheduled for the following week.
     The phone interview was straight forward. Spoke with one HR manager. She explained the position, some company history and then we discussed my resume. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and 20 minutes I was contacted by the same recruiting manager as before and discussed dates and times for an onsite interview. Within two hours the onsite interview was scheduled for a week from that day.
    The onsite interview involved a hour tour around the manufacturing space and followed by an hour interview with a group of five engineers. Some behavior questions were ask and then some general discussion about my resume, hopes, plans and aspirations. There were two technical interview questions (address below) but it was a very pleasant experience. They said they would get back to me within a week, however the Terex recruiter called me nearly twently minutes after the interview concluded, asked how it went and if I was still interested. Upon expressing my interest he said he would push the engineers for an answer that day. Another ten minutes later I had an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Is this part within spec? (No it wasnt) What are you going to do about that?   1 Answer
    • One of the engineers drew a cookie manufacturing line on the board, certain tasks took 'x' amount of time which could be reduced by adding more people to the line. Essentially, you had to use your knowledge about process optimization to assign the minimum amount of people possible to completed your customers order give then demand and time the cookie lines could operate.   1 Answer

Mobile Field Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

you have to pass through 4 interviews, 3 which are phone and one in person. unprofessional interview process they tell you when they will call you, however it is not the right time they are late, then the next comment they say is " i am very busy , i am doing 4 things at once", then they say "i will let you start the interview and i will finish it with a little background info on me" then the interviewer would say, everything looks good and i will be in contact with you for the next set. Well the next step came, an unprofessional email that says " we have moved on to other candidates" after they lead you on like you will have the second interview.

HR Interview

Interview

Everything was great. I was happy to join the team. The location and the people were very welcoming. I spent about 3 years working with them. I gained a lot of valuable knowledge that I have used in my career as an HR professional

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a week later was called back to schedule a phone interview, which involved talking to a few engineers about my resume and experiences. A week after the phone interview, I was given a tour of the manufacturing plant and had a panel interview with some of the manufacturing engineers which involved answering typical interview questions and measuring a part to see if it was in spec, as well as problem solving questions. A week later I was told I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• A part does not fit in the welding jig, what steps would you take to find out why?   Answer Question
    • How many golfballs would fit inside a 747?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Terex (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

Extremely professional. The process was well explained and pertinent details to next steps were always laid out clearly. The entire process was relatively low stress. Two phone interviews and one onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Which of the Terex values mean something to you and how, why? The six values of the Terex way are Respect, Integrity, Improvement, Servant Leadership, Courage, and Citizenship.   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Westport, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by an in-person interview on-site with hiring manager and HR leader. Third interview to follow, which was four hours long with four different people. Lengthy, but worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• They asked for specific examples of projects relating to prior work experience.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume for a HR Manager position in OKC. A month and a half later I contacted their local office to see if the position was still available, since I not only met, but exceeded their requirements. The local office personnel were extremely unfriendly and seemed to be unhappy. A recruiter finally contacted me and told me that I was one of the top 2 candidates and then kept me waiting for weeks to tell me that I wasn't selected. They missed out on someone who at first was extremely interested in joining the company, highly qualified (according to the recruiter) and had numerous letters of recommendation to support the quality of my work and work ethic. I feel their process was unprofessional and too lengthy. I will never apply with this company again and sorry to say... they missed out on a great employee that would've been a value asset.

Interview Questions

• What responsibilities do I have at my current job.   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Terex.

Interview

Met with HR Rep on campus. He called me back to set up an interview in the office. I met with him and another HR rep and then the senior analysts I would work with and then my future manager. I got an offer a little while after

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Terex in March 2017.

Interview

I received initial communication about 3 weeks after submitting my application online. I had one short conversation with the recruiter and then a phone interview with the engineering team. I was then invited for an on site tour and interview.

I interviewed with 3 people, two engineers and one QA manager. Two others did not show up to the interview.

I was told I would hear back in a week. A week later, I followed up by email and was told I should hear within the next couple days. After another week, I followed up again and was told that they were still deciding. After another week and a half, I contacted my friend who works there and followed up with HR by email again. I was told by my friend that I should hear in a couple days. HR never replied and I still haven't heard anything after 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your experience/resume.   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with the work schedule? (5 am to 3:30 pm, 4 days a week with occasional overtime)   Answer Question
    • How are you in high pressure, fast paced problem solving situations?   Answer Question