Terex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2018

2.8

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call from a recruiter and told me that they would be interested in getting me in touch with a HR at Terex. 3 days later I get a call with a couple software engineers and they asks me a bunch about my resume, oop and some hardware questions. They never responded back after the interview.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waverly, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Waverly, IA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a request for an interview. A few days later I got a request for a second interview with three members of the management team separately. The next day I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• In addition to standard interview questions they had many knowledge based questions about accounting.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Westport, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

So warm and open. Comfortable and relaxed environment. Management is very down-to-earth and are interested in exploring and enabling you to do what your passionate about. Conversational tone and a key driver to my coming to the Company. I will forever remember the quality of and preparation of the folks that interviewed me.

As Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in June 2008.

Interview

a

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waverly, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Waverly, IA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site panel interview with 3 people on the team. The phone interview was super easy. Most of the questions they asked were directly from my resume. The panel interview was a little different but not intimidating. Just behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• First we discuss my background and my experiences then situational questions about showing leadership, solving a problem, working under strict deadlines, working with others, etc   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Terex (Westport, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Almost a 2 month process. I applied online in January 2017, had two phone interviews and one in person interview at the end of February. I recieved the offer in March. Typical behavioral interview questions.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durand, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Durand, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through my career center at my local college. Was immediately given a phone screen and asked the usual questions. Upon completion was asked to come in to perform a teleconference interview with the director of IT and the Infrastructure Lead, as well as the local HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous experience in relation to network standards, protocols, and hardware.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested 65k per year, and they counter offered with 55k. Other than that there was not much negotiation.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Westport, CT) in July 2009.

Interview

First the phone interview with Human Resources - then i went in to meet with the direct hire manager for 2 hours, then came back to meet with her supervisor and the Director of the entire financial group. My issue is not that I didn't get the job, it's that I invested so much time and never received any communication from them at all afterwards. No "thanks but no thanks" - just an email would have been nice. I find that unprofessional and very rude.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews and two onsite interviews. I interviewed via phone initially with an internal contract recruiter acting as a gatekeeper. Second phone interview was with the hiring manager who did not ask any technical questions.

I was invited in for an onsite interview where I expected to meet the hiring manager, did not happen. I met with two individuals from operations, one finance manager, and was given a plant tour. Overall, I was impressed.

I was then invited back for a second onsite interview and met with the hiring manager (Director), a finance manager, and a VP, overall, not impressed.

I felt that the opportunity would present a challenge and that I could add value with my experience and skill set so I played along and went through the process.

Final outcome after spending hours interviewing; the internal contact recruiter contacted me and informed me that I would not be extended and offer for employment.

No feedback or reasons given, which I felt was odd considering the level of the position that I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just complaints about the lack of visibility into their manufacturing finance system.   1 Answer

Finance Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Terex.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview from their internal recruiter who was very friendly and professional. The next round of interviews were with the Controller and a series of meetings with other staff members. The last meeting was with the CFO. An offer was made shortly after the meeting with the CFO.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were primarily related to the position, my background, my knowledge of the Company, career goals, and management/communication style. I believe they were looking for a good cultural fit in the organization.   Answer Question

For the responsibilities, the pay was below market rate although the Company seemed flexible regarding telecommuting, working off-hours, and overall seemed like a nice environment.