Terex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Terex Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a week later was called back to schedule a phone interview, which involved talking to a few engineers about my resume and experiences. A week after the phone interview, I was given a tour of the manufacturing plant and had a panel interview with some of the manufacturing engineers which involved answering typical interview questions and measuring a part to see if it was in spec, as well as problem solving questions. A week later I was told I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• A part does not fit in the welding jig, what steps would you take to find out why?   Answer Question
    • How many golfballs would fit inside a 747?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Westport, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by an in-person interview on-site with hiring manager and HR leader. Third interview to follow, which was four hours long with four different people. Lengthy, but worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• They asked for specific examples of projects relating to prior work experience.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume for a HR Manager position in OKC. A month and a half later I contacted their local office to see if the position was still available, since I not only met, but exceeded their requirements. The local office personnel were extremely unfriendly and seemed to be unhappy. A recruiter finally contacted me and told me that I was one of the top 2 candidates and then kept me waiting for weeks to tell me that I wasn't selected. They missed out on someone who at first was extremely interested in joining the company, highly qualified (according to the recruiter) and had numerous letters of recommendation to support the quality of my work and work ethic. I feel their process was unprofessional and too lengthy. I will never apply with this company again and sorry to say... they missed out on a great employee that would've been a value asset.

Interview Questions

• What responsibilities do I have at my current job.   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Terex.

Interview

Met with HR Rep on campus. He called me back to set up an interview in the office. I met with him and another HR rep and then the senior analysts I would work with and then my future manager. I got an offer a little while after

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Terex in March 2017.

Interview

I received initial communication about 3 weeks after submitting my application online. I had one short conversation with the recruiter and then a phone interview with the engineering team. I was then invited for an on site tour and interview.

I interviewed with 3 people, two engineers and one QA manager. Two others did not show up to the interview.

I was told I would hear back in a week. A week later, I followed up by email and was told I should hear within the next couple days. After another week, I followed up again and was told that they were still deciding. After another week and a half, I contacted my friend who works there and followed up with HR by email again. I was told by my friend that I should hear in a couple days. HR never replied and I still haven't heard anything after 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your experience/resume.   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with the work schedule? (5 am to 3:30 pm, 4 days a week with occasional overtime)   Answer Question
    • How are you in high pressure, fast paced problem solving situations?   Answer Question

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call from a recruiter and told me that they would be interested in getting me in touch with a HR at Terex. 3 days later I get a call with a couple software engineers and they asks me a bunch about my resume, oop and some hardware questions. They never responded back after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Phone interview, then on-site interview 1 week later. Drug test and background check completed the following week. The phone interview was a conference call with 3 different managers and supervisors. On-site interview consisted of a group panel interview with 5 engineers. They mainly asked about prior hands-on manufacturing experience and different questions related to how I have dealt with solving manufacturing projects/challenges in the past. Not an easy interview, but not too stressful either. Stating the results of every project and being knowledgeable about lean manufacturing was important.

Interview Questions

• Define lean manufacturing in your own words.
      Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
      Tell me about you background.   Answer Question

Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by the recruiter who informed me that I would be having a phone interview with two of the senior members in the OKC division. Following that I went in for an onsite interview/tour/lunch that lasted approximately 4-5 hours, interviewing with multiple people each time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you implemented a change that added value to your company/organization/group.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Spoke to a recruiter about 3 weeks later who set me up with a phone interview with an engineering manager. A week later I was scheduled for an on site interview. On site interview consisted of a series of panel interviews, plant tour, and lunch with Operations Director.
    Al questions were generic, straight forward, and non technical.

Engineering Interview

Interview

Lady at front desk was very friendly, I was greeted by a manager who took me to the meeting room. There were two people interviewing me. They started with explaining the position and then went ahead with the questions.