Terex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Terex Interview Questions

Interviews at Terex

2.8

Location Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Terex in January 2020.

Interview

Lengthy. Took about 3 months altogether. HR kept apologizing for the length of the process. Process was very thorough. Not much communication or feedback between meetings. Enjoyed everyone I talked with. Interviews were very positive.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Terex (Westport, CT) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied for the external reporting intern position. Short phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. Asked about things on my resume. Was asked to go to Westport to interview with three managers. Seemed like it went well, had them all laughing. All three managers said “see you soon!” at the end of the interview. Didn’t hear back for three months even after two follow up emails, so I decided to email someone else from the company and she said they decided to narrow their search to accounting majors. I think it was unprofessional for them to say “see you soon”, then not give me a response for months and not give me an offer.

Senior Continuous Improvement Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in October 2019.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone interview with internal recruiter. Great experience, very knowledgeable about the role, operations,...definitely not a know-nothing HR kid. In-person interview was with two back-to-back rounds: first round was with 2 people that I would work with directly, good experience but didn't have a lot of knowledge of continuous improvement or clear expectations of the role. 2nd round was with an internal consultant (?) that led continuous improvement/projects (?). This lady showed up late, left 20 minutes early than planned, asked some off-the-wall questions that were not relevant, hadn't read my resume prior... said she couldn't understand my resume eventhough I haven't received negative feedback from 20 other people that have reviewed my resume recently...

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in January 2019.

Interview

I felt the interview process was efficient, fair, very respectful, and reasonable. No trick questions were thrown at me. The most challenging part was the background check.

IMPORTANT TIP: If you are applying for a US-based position, but one/more of your references is non-US, you need to tell the recruiter up front. Their online forms cannot be submitted, if your reference is outside the US. It was embarrassing that my reference struggled with the form possibly not completing multiple times. The worst part was that -- at one point -- the submission process appeared to work. Since I wasn't hired as "an international candidate" even though the firm is global and my position was global, they gave my reference the US-only form. It took a few days to sort his out which was my only complaint.

Interview Questions

• They asked me quite a few questions about my background the types of projects and systems I had worked on/with, and my willingness to travel.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

They seemed to know me before I walked in the door. They knew what my skills were and all I had to do was answer some detailed questions about what I learned from my past experiences. I was told what I was going to be doing day of interview.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waverly, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Waverly, IA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a request for an interview. A few days later I got a request for a second interview with three members of the management team separately. The next day I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• In addition to standard interview questions they had many knowledge based questions about accounting.   Answer Question

Commercial Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. No "how would you handle X" or white board questions. It was directly with the team members and not through HR. Overall great but a little unstructured.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem that you got stuck on? How did you proceed and eventually solve it?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Phone screen with general questions. In person interview started with 1 hour factory tour followed by panel interview with ~10 people. Panel asked random questions based on resume. No one on the panel had read the resume or done any research on me prior to interview.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

I heard about the position from friends at school. I applied, specifically including hands on experience in car maintenance and shop experience, and was contacted by a Terex recruiting manager 48 hours later. We briefly discussed the position and within 6 hours I had a phone interview scheduled for the following week.
     The phone interview was straight forward. Spoke with one HR manager. She explained the position, some company history and then we discussed my resume. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and 20 minutes I was contacted by the same recruiting manager as before and discussed dates and times for an onsite interview. Within two hours the onsite interview was scheduled for a week from that day.
    The onsite interview involved a hour tour around the manufacturing space and followed by an hour interview with a group of five engineers. Some behavior questions were ask and then some general discussion about my resume, hopes, plans and aspirations. There were two technical interview questions (address below) but it was a very pleasant experience. They said they would get back to me within a week, however the Terex recruiter called me nearly twently minutes after the interview concluded, asked how it went and if I was still interested. Upon expressing my interest he said he would push the engineers for an answer that day. Another ten minutes later I had an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Is this part within spec? (No it wasnt) What are you going to do about that?   1 Answer
    • One of the engineers drew a cookie manufacturing line on the board, certain tasks took 'x' amount of time which could be reduced by adding more people to the line. Essentially, you had to use your knowledge about process optimization to assign the minimum amount of people possible to completed your customers order give then demand and time the cookie lines could operate.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Very easy going. I really liked the people I interviewed with. We had conversations and not just a question and answer fest. It was almost like sitting around the living room with friends.

Interview Questions

• How I thought I could improve Terex equipment.   1 Answer