Terex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.8

Sales/Marketing Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Bothell, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

I found a position through an on-line resource and applied, and was contacted by a recruiter (positive experience) and screened. Based on that I was set up with an interview with the company's general manager (positive experience) who wanted me to come back and interview with a group manager. I did, and that's where it turned ugly. During the interview, she made a comment about their sales force being comprised of "white guys in their late 50's counting down toward retirement." Full disclosure: I am also in the same age/demographic group, but extremely motivated and hardly slowing down.

She realized her slip immediately and froze up; I smiled, mentioned something about being able to work with all types, but it was evident that I was going to pay for her bias and the interview turned frosty-- game over. The clincher came the next day when the recruiter called me to tell me they'd selected another candidate and "it was a coin toss" as we were "that close." I thanked her, then checked the position the next week-- sure enough it had reopened; so much for the "coin toss" candidate who allegedly got the job.

The general manager who'd passed me along left the company a relatively short time later, and I am not surprised. I was familiar with the last company he worked with and am sure he's appreciated where he is now.

I have to say I am grateful for one thing: in doing volunteer work with other "mature workers" during this period, I used this experience as an example of what can happen during the job-seeking process so it turned out to be valuable.

Interview Questions

• The age-bias outburst was blatent and unexpected, and frankly offensive. I doubt an interviewer would have made a similar comment regarding race, religion or sexual preference.   1 Answer

Terex Response

Feb 21, 2014 – Admin

Hello,

My name is Natasha Valani and I work in the Human Resources department at Terex. First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize for your interview experience with us. We... More

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Westport, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by an in-person interview on-site with hiring manager and HR leader. Third interview to follow, which was four hours long with four different people. Lengthy, but worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• They asked for specific examples of projects relating to prior work experience.   1 Answer

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Terex (Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Formal interview with the head of IT Support and head of HR. Interview was formal yet had a relaxed feel. Interviewers talked through my CV and asked questions based on it and the job specification. Questions were both technical (job specific) and general HR type questions. Both interviewers took notes and scored accordingly.

Interview Questions

• If I had a number of employees contacting me with technical issues how would I prioritize them.   1 Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter interviewed and then setup phone interview. Then flew me in to Seattle, drove to Redmond, stayed overnight in hotel. Hiring manager and team lead interviewed. Questions based of resume, asked in detail about work done. Team lead had separate set of Qs.

Interview Questions

• Basics of structures, hydraulics, electrical, gdt, & welds.   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA).

Interview

2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. The department manager even went to the trouble of asking the front desk person how I acted and how I treated them.

Global Trade Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Westport, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was probably the most efficient I've ever seen from a major corporation. It lasted 3 weeks from speaking with recruiter to interviewing in Westport, CT and accepting job. All the staff members involved were very very professional and classy! Awesome experience.

Product Control Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terex (Moses Lake, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied within company online, got a call at my home number for 1 interview from corporate then interviewed with a panel or hr and supervisors along with managers. Most people know me well so it may be different for those applying outside the company

Interview Questions

• Who was my inspiration, what were my weaknesses, personal questions were the hardest. Most were questions i had already experienced in previous interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate however with a cost of living raise coming up my raise was added into that

Inventory Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Waco, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

Hire only through temp agencies. Then, after 90 days you are eligible for "conversion" to a full time employee

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You either accepted the job or didn't.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume for a HR Manager position in OKC. A month and a half later I contacted their local office to see if the position was still available, since I not only met, but exceeded their requirements. The local office personnel were extremely unfriendly and seemed to be unhappy. A recruiter finally contacted me and told me that I was one of the top 2 candidates and then kept me waiting for weeks to tell me that I wasn't selected. They missed out on someone who at first was extremely interested in joining the company, highly qualified (according to the recruiter) and had numerous letters of recommendation to support the quality of my work and work ethic. I feel their process was unprofessional and too lengthy. I will never apply with this company again and sorry to say... they missed out on a great employee that would've been a value asset.

Interview Questions

• What responsibilities do I have at my current job.   1 Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Terex (Pune (India)).

Interview

Its normal Interview, You need to present your previous experience efficiently.
    HR Will ask you for your strengths & weakness, your previous company's details & reason for change etc, Technical will be as per your technical skills