Terex Manufacturing Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a week later was called back to schedule a phone interview, which involved talking to a few engineers about my resume and experiences. A week after the phone interview, I was given a tour of the manufacturing plant and had a panel interview with some of the manufacturing engineers which involved answering typical interview questions and measuring a part to see if it was in spec, as well as problem solving questions. A week later I was told I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• A part does not fit in the welding jig, what steps would you take to find out why?   Answer Question
  • How many golfballs would fit inside a 747?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Terex

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Terex in March 2017.

Interview

I received initial communication about 3 weeks after submitting my application online. I had one short conversation with the recruiter and then a phone interview with the engineering team. I was then invited for an on site tour and interview.

I interviewed with 3 people, two engineers and one QA manager. Two others did not show up to the interview.

I was told I would hear back in a week. A week later, I followed up by email and was told I should hear within the next couple days. After another week, I followed up again and was told that they were still deciding. After another week and a half, I contacted my friend who works there and followed up with HR by email again. I was told by my friend that I should hear in a couple days. HR never replied and I still haven't heard anything after 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your experience/resume.   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with the work schedule? (5 am to 3:30 pm, 4 days a week with occasional overtime)   Answer Question
    • How are you in high pressure, fast paced problem solving situations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Phone interview, then on-site interview 1 week later. Drug test and background check completed the following week. The phone interview was a conference call with 3 different managers and supervisors. On-site interview consisted of a group panel interview with 5 engineers. They mainly asked about prior hands-on manufacturing experience and different questions related to how I have dealt with solving manufacturing projects/challenges in the past. Not an easy interview, but not too stressful either. Stating the results of every project and being knowledgeable about lean manufacturing was important.

Interview Questions

• Define lean manufacturing in your own words.
      Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
      Tell me about you background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA).

Interview

A friend sent my resume to some of the engineering managers. One of the managers sent my information to a regional recruiter who contacted me and did a brief phone screening. I was set up with an in person interview right away which was a typical interview with an engineering manager, and 3 lower level engineers. After the interview, I was given a tour by one of the engineers. I had given up hope after a couple months of not hearing anything until one day I got a call from an HR intern to set up a phone interview with the HR representative. This was another brief phone screening and then I was set up with another in person interview with an engineering manager and supervisor. Another tour with the supervisor who was the one I would be working for directly. This was a good time to chat and for him to see my personality. After the weekend I was made a job offer and the manager I had originally interviewed with had recommended me as a better fit on a different team, which turned out to be a better job anyways.

Interview Questions

• There were no real technical questions. In both interviews they went over my resume and had me elaborate. I guess you may need to know about lean manufacturing. I feel as if every interview is a little different.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Try to negotiate. I didn't, but I felt the offer was strong enough as a recent graduate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with a senior level manager then an in person interview about two weeks later which included going over the benefits, history of the company, tour of the factory, interview with two manufacturing engineers and lunch. Everything was done with the other two interviewees except for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what root cause analysis is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted through email by a regional Recruiter for Terex. Initial email was to set up a prescreening over the phone which was about 30-45 minutes long.

After initial prescreen, if you get called back for a second phone interview , it usually is about 45-60 minutes long with a hiring manager and a second person who usually is working that position, in this case a current Manufacturing Engineer I.

Typical Questions regarding Manufacturing Engineer I for both interviews
    1. Describe your work history that is relative to this position?
    2. What is your knowledge and experience with shop machinery and hand tools?
    3. What is your experience or knowledge with pnuematics and hydraulics?
    4. Explain what is lean manufacturing, tools and techniques used.

With most answers you give, relate your response to Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, RCA, DMAIC, Value Stream Mapping, 3P and 7 waste and how you may applied them to your previous work experience and if it was successful or not.

Interview Questions

• . Describe your work history that is relative to this position?
      2. What is your knowledge and experience with shop machinery and hand tools?
      3. What is your experience or knowledge with pnuematics and hydraulics?
      4. Explain what is lean manufacturing, tools and techniques used.   1 Answer