Terex Interview Questions in Redmond, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.7

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Phone interview, then on-site interview 1 week later. Drug test and background check completed the following week. The phone interview was a conference call with 3 different managers and supervisors. On-site interview consisted of a group panel interview with 5 engineers. They mainly asked about prior hands-on manufacturing experience and different questions related to how I have dealt with solving manufacturing projects/challenges in the past. Not an easy interview, but not too stressful either. Stating the results of every project and being knowledgeable about lean manufacturing was important.

Interview Questions

• Define lean manufacturing in your own words.
      Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
      Tell me about you background.
      Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very brief, asked a bunch of questions from a packet. Open setting, in the lunch room with the other interviewees, but one on one with a one of the line leads

Interview Questions

• Have you had production experience prior   1 Answer

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA).

Interview

2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. The department manager even went to the trouble of asking the front desk person how I acted and how I treated them.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter interviewed and then setup phone interview. Then flew me in to Seattle, drove to Redmond, stayed overnight in hotel. Hiring manager and team lead interviewed. Questions based of resume, asked in detail about work done. Team lead had separate set of Qs.

Interview Questions

• Basics of structures, hydraulics, electrical, gdt, & welds.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

The HR has a phone screen with me. She promised to get back to him no matter I'm going to have an interview with the hiring manager or not. I did not hear back from them after even after several follow up emails. I took it as the way they did not consider your application.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through the Terex website and over a month later a representative from the HR department called me and wanted to set up an in-person interview. The interview was set for 11am and everyone was right on time. For my interview it was a team of 3 employees and they were all very personable and not intimidating at all. All they asked me was to take them through my resume and then they based their questions off what I said.

At this time I have not been offered the position but only 3 days have passed since the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions came directly from what I said about my resume, so know yours front to back and be prepared to talk in depth about your projects, ect.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Phone interview, went very well but no in person interview

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through the college career website. Received contact in about a week. Had a phone interview where I was asked about my projects and the things I put on my resume. Then had another interview at their company. They told me I was the leading candidate, but in the end I did not get the position due to schedule conflicts.

Interview Questions

• Here's a schematic of one of our products that's not working. What's wrong with it? Feel free to use me (the interviewer) as a multimeter.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

After the usual telephone interview with the hiring manager (who would be my boss), was invited to a on-site interview. The process was very organized divided in 3 segments. First an additional interview with the hiring manager who also explained the complete process and what to expect. The second interview was with the engineering director with very interesting questions about my people management experience and engineering milestones. Finally an interview with what would be my peers which was the most engineering oriented one.

Interview Questions

• What would you want to remember about this interview?   1 Answer

another offer

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA).

Interview

A friend sent my resume to some of the engineering managers. One of the managers sent my information to a regional recruiter who contacted me and did a brief phone screening. I was set up with an in person interview right away which was a typical interview with an engineering manager, and 3 lower level engineers. After the interview, I was given a tour by one of the engineers. I had given up hope after a couple months of not hearing anything until one day I got a call from an HR intern to set up a phone interview with the HR representative. This was another brief phone screening and then I was set up with another in person interview with an engineering manager and supervisor. Another tour with the supervisor who was the one I would be working for directly. This was a good time to chat and for him to see my personality. After the weekend I was made a job offer and the manager I had originally interviewed with had recommended me as a better fit on a different team, which turned out to be a better job anyways.

Interview Questions

• There were no real technical questions. In both interviews they went over my resume and had me elaborate. I guess you may need to know about lean manufacturing. I feel as if every interview is a little different.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Try to negotiate. I didn't, but I felt the offer was strong enough as a recent graduate.