Terminix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.2

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Terminix (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Extensive & Lengthy involving multiple interviews with manager, human resource manager, hiring manager and corporate level manager. Additional requirements for testing between 3-6 hours. Final determiner was a grueling group interview with psychologist panel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to manage through conflict. Outline the issue and your actions to resolve.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terminix.

Interview

I had a very good experience. I applied on indeed.com. Within an hour, I had a recruiter call me within 45 minutes of submitting my resume. Recruiter was very polite asked me about my background and goal. (I have ten years experience in sales, construction project management). That seemed too impress her. Then she scheduled a face to face interview with the Branch manager. Later that day a hr manager asked me several questions such as , my goals, my past experiences with customers, what I think I can do to be productive for the company. And my philosophy on customer service and sales.

The interview with branch manager went in his words perfect. I had all the right answers, and asked perfect questions and had the background he was looking for. The manager said at the end of the interview I'm forwarding your resume to the regional manager.

About a week later I had a phone interview with the regional manager. It went well the manager asked me several questions. He asked mostly asked me questions about managing employees, my philosophy of disciplining employees. Also training employees. It went well he liked all my philosophies and experiences. He said he would love for me to join his team. So then the recruiter scheduled a final interview with the hr manager.

The hr manager interview went great. She asked very specific employee discipline actions. How would I handle irate employees, and insubordinate employees. She seemed to be impressed. She said she would have the recruiter get back to me.

About three days I E-mailed the recruiter and said I'm excited about the opportunity and would love to join the team. Then she said congrats we want you. I was stoked. She sent me for a drug screen, then 2 days later i had the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle irate employees? how would you handle and employee yelling and causing a scene.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Branch manager gave me a estimate of the salary. And the recruiter offered me a salary in the middle. I accepted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Terminix (Glendale, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an interview the next day. The recruiter specified that the interview would be business professional. Upon my arrival, I was the only one dressed in business professional attire. Everyone from the front desk personnel to other employees were dressed in everyday clothes. I suppose they just wanted to see who would actually go the extra mile! The interview process was a series of questions about naming and describing a particular situation. The two people who interviewed me seemed like they did not even really want to be conducting the interview, like they had way more important things to be doing. Which is probably true. They were helpful in answering my questions, but none too friendly which was a little disappointing. Less than an hour later I received a call and a job offer. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you received excellent customer service and what made it exceptional.   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terminix in May 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about two weeks. I interviewed at one office and was told they would call me with a decision in about a week. They asked questions about my previous experience, strengths, weaknesses, how I learn, etc. I got a phone call saying they wanted to hire me about two weeks later and when I would be starting.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terminix (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I arrived at the Tampa location on time.

But I had to wait in a lobby. And waited. And waited.

The doors to the offices were locked, so I couldn't open any door to announce I was there.

A few people walked by and made eye contact with me, through the glass.
    I waived to them. But still no one came to welcome me to the interview.

I went back to my car and called HR who called the Tampa office.

Twenty minutes after my set time, I was finally invited in.

It was so awkward, that I had already made up my mind that I didn't want the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terminix.

Interview

Easy and long. Took about an hour or more. 2 part interview. Interviewed with HR manager and some other manager in a room. There will be another applicant interviewing with you as well. Basic questions. Then you will be interviewed with actual managers that work on the floor. Asked like 30 questions off worksheet. They were all name a time questions.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Terminix (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Terminix used to have a horrible application system that took an hour plus to apply for a position. I recently saw a branch manger position available and decided to explore applying. I was happy to see they no longer use that system. After submitting my resume I received an email saying they were interested in exploring my background further. That horrible system was now replaced by a lenghty questionnaire before you even have a chance to talk with someone. The questionnaire includes "warning language " like "earning the privilege to work for the company". It's clear that Terminix is still entrenched in a corporate philosophy that places NO value on employees. I did not complete the questionnaire and emailed the hr rep with the message above.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to earn the privilege of working for the company?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terminix in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online which was a rather long application process. Received and email stating I wasn't what they were looking for then received call about about the position. The. A few weeks later I got a call from the recruiter and did a brief phone interview then interviewed with branch manager face to face. That went well and I have a phone interview with Regional Manager and then the HR manager. Felt all went well then got a call that other offices may be better fit and asked about relocation. No regrets letter was sent about position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terminix (Glendale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy questions, basic. Questions asked were very basic. Chris was awesome on the phone and the process went very fluid. Great work place environment and if you make it in sales you can make a ton of cash. Collections also pays out very nicely.

Interview Questions

• What was a question you couldn't answer for a question a customer had and how did you answer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pest Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terminix (Augusta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

A little over the top. I interviewed at a table with 5 people asking questions. Not a very relaxing feeling when you have so many people asking you questions can't really get to know the person. Made you take some random test with ten questions on it simple questions like what number comes next in this sequence.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can work under houses   1 Answer