Terumo BCT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Terumo BCT

2.9

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Terumo BCT (Lakewood, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

After initial phone with recruiter, within one week I interviewed in person my potential with peers at Terumo BCT. A second interview with a Terumo BCT clinical practitioner was conducted a week after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• They we interested in my personal interests as well as my job skills.   1 Answer

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terumo BCT (Lakewood, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

The position was posted for 1 week. I applied, and received a call to schedule a phone interview with a HR person. That interview lasted 1.5 hours, and included basic HR questions, as well as job-specific questions. All questions were reasonable and expected. "What's your biggest struggle & what are you doing to overcome it?" "Tell me a time you had conflict at work & how you handled it." etc. I didn't hear from the company for almost 2 weeks and tracked down the email address of the HR person I spoke to (note to people interviewing: ask the HR person for contact information in case you want to call or email them) and sent him a thank you letter (which I should have done immediately) for the interview saying that I looked forward to hearing back and was very interested in the position. He called me and scheduled an in-person interview. When that date conflicted with a volunteer commitment that I had (going on my son's field trip as a chaperone), he was very understanding and rescheduled the interview.

The in-person interview included 6 1-on-1 interviews, as well as a lunch interview with the people who would report to me. It lasted over 5 hours. (I should have brought some water with me because I ended up getting a tiny cup from them & was so thirsty the whole time.) Each interviewer was really great. Very personable.

I absolutely was thoroughly impressed with this company and their employees. Most of the people have been working there for a long time (8-17 years, from the people I met) and truly love it. Their company is doing great things for people (developing cellular therapies that have the potential to change the face of medicine as we know it), and that is very motivating. They ensured me that they have a heavy focus on work-life balance, which is VERY important to me. I was truly impressed with their company culture and their vision for the future of apheresis technologies.

They like leaders who are strong and not micro-managers. :)

Interview Questions

• Their most difficult question had more to do with me than them... They asked me why I was looking to change jobs, as I have been working in my current position for 12 years. That was a hard one since I am truly happy where I am now.   Answer Question

Ultimately, 49% of me wanted that job, wanted to work with those people, and wanted to be part of their team. It really had NOTHING to do with their company, and everything to do with me.

One criticism: When you are offered a mid-to-high level job, being offered an entry level benefit package is discouraging. They only offered me 2 weeks of time off a year. I earn 6 weeks where I work now. That is very hard to give up, and negotiating 4 extra weeks is very unlikely.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Terumo BCT.

Interview

Initial HR contacted me for my time and date preference for phone interview. On scheduling phone interview, I was questions mostly based on my resume and and experience about programming languages. It was basically background check and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disagree with Your advice process of approach?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Terumo BCT.

Interview

I interviewed with half the team, and then the second half. I heard about it through a career fair at my school and my resume was submitted through that process. Then I had to sign up online.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about things on my resume, am I self-motivated   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Terumo BCT (Lakewood, CO) in April 2013.

Interview

takes a long time but they ensure they're bringing in the best, went through lots of hoops, learned allot by meeting with so many people, was hard to answer the behavioral questions but everyone was so nice!

Interview Questions

• what is most important to you in choosing your next position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

gave me great offer out of the gate

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terumo BCT (Lakewood, CO) in October 2018.

Interview

A few weeks after applying, a contact from HR called me to set up a meeting with the hiring manager and their team. I went on-site and had 4 half hour interviews in a row. I heard back about the position two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of questions about my interests, skills, and career goals. They also asked open ended questions about what I knew of the company (which is where interview prep would be key).   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Terumo BCT (Lakewood, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

They are hiring pretty much anybody now in the clean room. They are paying 12.50 base as of April instead of the 15.64. Made it clear we have been overvalued for the 7 years we've been making the 15.64 without a raise. Interviewing usually consists of a phone interview, and then a personal interview. Hiring within is a little more difficult. The truth is they decide who they're going to hire in a certain position before they ever post a job.

Interview Questions

• Same stuff. Tell us why you would fit here. Or what is your best quality, what is your worse. OR what kind of personality do you least like working with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Expect a lot of change over the next couple of years. Think of it as a stepping stone to your next job or career.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Terumo BCT (Lakewood, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

All the interviewer had my resume in front of her, she did not ask one question about it. Instead she told me about her own education/work experience. The other individual interviews went well but I was not told what my position would be working on or how the structure of the organization would be.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember a difficult question. Instead I felt I had to come up with questions for them.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terumo BCT (Lakewood, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview with HR scheduled two weeks later. Walked through my background and then questions about handling certain situations and behavioral questions (weaknesses, type of work environment). Standard. The call ended without proceeding because HR required salary information from prior positions and wouldn't proceed without it. If you feel your prior salary information is confidential then this company won't be for you. They should save us all time by writing in their job descriptions that prior salary information is required to be considered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had competing priorities and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Terumo BCT (Lakewood, CO).

Interview

Starts with HR or a head hunter. Screening from HR, interview w/ field manager and/or field staff. If brought out to Lakewood, you have a very high chance of getting the position. If you've never been at altitude, pre-hydrate, bring Chapstick and tissues. The altitude can make or break your day.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pencil. They are looking for you to state benefits of a product, close the discussion and ask for the sale.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't given the option to negotiate offer. It was offered and there was no movement.