Tesco Bengaluru Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesco Bengaluru Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesco Bengaluru

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was whole day - 3 interviews at Bangalore Tesco office.
1st - Java, Programming, Design, Data Structures around 1 and half hours
2nd- Every thing that I have worked on personal or profesional around 2 and half hours
3rd - Behavioral HR around 1 hour

Interview Questions

• 1st round good interviewer, interview was good all project related, personal works, java concepts and few data structures and programming (1 hour )

2nd round interviewer sarcastic, He thought he knew everything and if you don't give answer what he was expecting he was laughing and disregard your approach and won't listen to you..start doing other things and make you feel awe about speaking anymore. He was asking questions from an ocean there was no plan neither any particular area nothing really programmatic but related technical though..
    More than 2.5 hrs - At Last he gave a feedback that he is unable to judge !

3rd Round : Behavioral (Dont know what was he trying to get from the interview when the 2nd interviewer already gave a negative feedback)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tesco Bengaluru

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

I had three rounds in the interview process
    a.two technical rounds
    b.One managerial round

Technical round one

a.Simple basic technical questions about teradata,ETL concepts and SQLs.

Technical round two

a.More SQL query oriented questions

b.Asked many real time scenarios from Unix shell scripting and Teradata SQLs.

Managerial round
    a.Asked about my work,project flow,Agile process,Future outlooks etc.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between agile and waterfall model?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

It took around a week to complete the process.
    There were 3 rounds,
    1) Telephonic Round: To test the knowledge on PL/SQL, performance tuning and about my previous project.
    2) Interview Round: The questions were related to Oracle Retail Suites like RMS and RPM. Also, some core Java questions.
    3) Managerial Round: They gave me brief description about the project in Tesco, for which I'd be part of and salary related stuffs.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to core Java, PL/SQL and performance tuning   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Average. Interview was scheduled and I got the offer withing 10 days. Interview discussion was very good. The interviewer were awesome people. The are having very good knowledge in almost all technology. They will give you hints to get their answer.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

Interview was easy but again depends on the position and your skill. But overall I feel it was easy.
    Only 1 round of technical telephonic and 1 Face 2 Face Managerial & HR Round.

Negotiation

Don't reduce the package whatever you think is best for you. Later you have to regret for working a lot for less salary. Also Hikes are not good.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process was of not all that difficult. The paper work was done on the same day, well, more or less. The background check took a long time (2 weeks). The HR were not prompt and delayed the communication for joining which was frustrating. Had to follow up several times despite of clearing the interview and filling up the forms the same day.

Interview Questions

• Explain the business value of your prior project clearly on a whiteboard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on the joining date. The company did not offer me any buyback period (from old company) or an early joining bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process is very simple, you will have 1st technical round then manager round next HR round which is a just formal discussion of salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Good interview process- aptitude. technical and HR rounds

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied by replying back to the mails through job portals, got a call after 2 weeks and the interview process took 2 weeks.
    First round was telephonic based on basics of c#, asp.net, sql server and little bit of MVC as well.
    Second round was a face to face round took by manager and a technical lead kind of guy, after clearing that final round was the Hr round.

Interview Questions

• Contents of a high level documents of a web application.Detailed asp.net page life cycle.   Answer Question

Got better opportunity somewhere else.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco Bengaluru (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Telephonic interview for technical 1st round which was ok and then followed by Managerial Face to face roung

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was having one more offer so I could negotiate the best and joined pretty early