Tesco Interview Questions in Bristol, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

1.8

Festive Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a group interview with about dozen others. There was some form filling at the beginning. Then we were divided into two groups with a supervisor each group. We played a situational game in which we were, hypothetically, lost in the middle of the sea on a lifeboat. We were given a list of items to rank with 1 being the most necessary item to keep and 15 the least. After individually ranking them we then had to discuss in the group and agree on what number to assign to each item. The game end when we were told the true rankings of items and we had to work out the difference between our own rankings and our group rankings to the correct answers. Tip: the mirror can reflect light, so will be the most important one.
    After the game we stayed in the same group and the supervisor asked us competency questions, in a very casual and relaxed way so I personally did not feel any pressure. For each question the supervisor asked, we took turn (voluntarily) to answer until everyone had given theirs. There were about four questions and I found them easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you went out of your way to do something for others.   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesco (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

One to one interview after successful online questionnaire.
    A face to face interview with a shift leader, around 5-6 questions which were all scored and all based around situations I had experienced and how I acted, to judge my customer service abilities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have faced in your current employment   Answer Question

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I had to apply online. complete an online assessment which had about 30-40 questions and after a week got a call to come in for an interview. The interview was a group interview with 7 people altogether. The interview consisted of two interview questions thrown out to the group and we were all given an opportunity to speak. it lasted from 1:30pm to 3:30pm and it mostly was the interviewers speaking and after the questions had a tour of where we would be working whilst our Passports/NIno,etc were being copied. After wards we were asked to give our availability.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of time you went above an beyond to help a customer or person?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a situation when you've had to change your behaviour or how you do things?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tesco (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Downloaded the application form from the website filled it out and handed it in to store. Then had a brief informal interview with the store manager before being offered the Job.

Interview Questions

• How confident are you dealing with members of the public?   Answer Question