Tesco Interview Questions in Cheshunt, England | Glassdoor

Tesco Interview Questions in Cheshunt, England

2.7

Tesco Finance Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

There were seven questions in the online application about your motivation to apply and competencies, followed by SHL maths and verbal reasoning tests. After passing the tests I was told within a week that I had a telephone interview. The telephone interview was with a member of HR, and comprised of why you wanted to work for Tesco/finance/retail and the usual competency based questions. Make sure you emphasise serving the customer in your answers.

At the end of the phone interview I was told that I had progressed to the assessment centre. This involved an overnight stay at a hotel/conference centre near their offices in Cheshunt. On the evening prior to the assessment centre there was a dinner at the hotel which gave you a chance to meet the other candidates, and was not attended by any Tesco staff.

The assessment centre itself was split into three parts: 1:1 presentation, group exercise and 3D CV/competency based interview.

1:1 presentation: Was given 50 minutes to read through material on a fictional company and decide on which area they should invest in and develop over the next 12 months. Then had to present this to a manager for 10 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of questions. I found this the hardest part of the day as they play devil's advocate and challenge you on your views and arguments.

3D CV/competency based interview: The first part of this was presenting your CV to a manager, followed by an interview with the usual competency based questions for half an hour, which were somewhat harder than the ones asked in the telephone interview.

Group exercise: Had 20 minutes to read material on the same fictional company as in the presentation and decide on which 3 new technologies the company should invest in. Then had to discuss this as a group for half an hour while being watched by the assessors, after which the group nominated one person to present the findings to the assessors for 5 minutes. The assessors then asked a number of probing questions about the decisions reached.

Overall it was a positive experience, and I found out the outcome by telephone within 3 days of the assessment centre, along with a 9 page feedback document.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have had to trust members of your team.   Answer Question
    • How would you go about building a rapport with people in a professional environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you have initiated change.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Very inefficient. After passing all stages till assessment centre, told me they normally don't provide sponsorship. I don't know why the **** they didn't tell me at the beginning. Then kept me waiting to see if they can do it for me. The recruitment team called me and expressed the concern, and I spent plenty of time firguring out the solution and helping solve every concern raised by Tesco. At first, told me that the problem is to provide the government with the marketing research, and I found out that I have exemption for it. I consulted fully certificated and lisenced lawyer that Tesco has nothing to pay and no trouble in providing sponsorship to a Tier 4 Visa student. Then simply told me Tesco just doesn't do sponsorship at all, so why gave me such an altisonant reason that Tesco needs to provide such proof to the government? Tesco is a fully licensed company for recruiting non-EU employees. What's the point in having this? Decoration?

After being kept waiting for weeks, and only got a simple "NO" without any feedbacks. Could just say no at the beginning. Such a customer-focused company has such weak ability to treat people. In total the whole process is arrogant, inefficient and racist.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in February 2008.

Interview

Standard online application with general management speak questions 'Please describe a time when you showed leadership/working in a team/dealt with a difficult situation/motivate yourself' etc.

On the open day they were kind and looked for people who were confident and stood out from the 30 or so people they invited. Different team tasks as well as 1:1.

For final round it was a three day away trip for 6 candidates. Lots of team tasks solving problems. Felt a lot like they accepted the people who were arguably smart and talkative but a little arrogant at times and a little dull.