Tesco Interview Questions in Cheshunt, England | Glassdoor

Tesco Interview Questions in Cheshunt, England

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supply Chain Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Application form, Online verbal, numerical and situational judgement tests, telephone interview (about 10 competency questions, make sure you have a lot of examples and look up their company values and leadership requirements) then assessment centre.
    Assessment centre consisted of:
    3D CV - Remember they already have your CV so this is a presentation exercise, be as creative as possible, try and show them something that your CV doesn't include, it depends on your assessor but some were very strict on time
    Interview - Competency questions but also asked about your values and your hobbies outside of work and why you want to work for Tesco
    Group Exercise - Get to know the other candidates as much as possible beforehand, it will greatly help your ability to work together, make sure to speak up and relax. They want to see the real you and can only assess you if you say something.
    Presentation - You're given a selection of opportunities and you have to decide which one is best and how you would make the most of it then present your idea. You will have to defend your choice and there is a lot of information given so consider your reading speed in your approach as you only have half an hour to read everything and prepare for the presentation.
    There was a lot of time between assessments so try and use this time to get to know the available HR people and ask any questions, they make the decision that day so try and talk to as many people as possible.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you've stood up for what you believe in   Answer Question

Tesco Finance Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

There were seven questions in the online application about your motivation to apply and competencies, followed by SHL maths and verbal reasoning tests. After passing the tests I was told within a week that I had a telephone interview. The telephone interview was with a member of HR, and comprised of why you wanted to work for Tesco/finance/retail and the usual competency based questions. Make sure you emphasise serving the customer in your answers.

At the end of the phone interview I was told that I had progressed to the assessment centre. This involved an overnight stay at a hotel/conference centre near their offices in Cheshunt. On the evening prior to the assessment centre there was a dinner at the hotel which gave you a chance to meet the other candidates, and was not attended by any Tesco staff.

The assessment centre itself was split into three parts: 1:1 presentation, group exercise and 3D CV/competency based interview.

1:1 presentation: Was given 50 minutes to read through material on a fictional company and decide on which area they should invest in and develop over the next 12 months. Then had to present this to a manager for 10 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of questions. I found this the hardest part of the day as they play devil's advocate and challenge you on your views and arguments.

3D CV/competency based interview: The first part of this was presenting your CV to a manager, followed by an interview with the usual competency based questions for half an hour, which were somewhat harder than the ones asked in the telephone interview.

Group exercise: Had 20 minutes to read material on the same fictional company as in the presentation and decide on which 3 new technologies the company should invest in. Then had to discuss this as a group for half an hour while being watched by the assessors, after which the group nominated one person to present the findings to the assessors for 5 minutes. The assessors then asked a number of probing questions about the decisions reached.

Overall it was a positive experience, and I found out the outcome by telephone within 3 days of the assessment centre, along with a 9 page feedback document.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have had to trust members of your team.   Answer Question
    • How would you go about building a rapport with people in a professional environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you have initiated change.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

Interview

Day consisted of a 3D CV & competency interview, a case study presentation & a group exercise. Day is very relaxed and the 3D CV is a great opportunity to get everything across to the interviewers. Make sure to hold your ground in the case study presentation and try not to let the interviewer change your mind! Also, the guy who is in charge with communicating with graduates from early careers is very slack, so if he says he will be in touch within a couple of days it probably means a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your decision has been challenged by others?   Answer Question

Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through recruitment agency. Phone screen with general resume based questions and some statistics questions. Then two interviews on-site, supposed to have 3, but I did not have the behavioural questions. Very nice atmosphere, a lot of questions on statistics, simple math, and an interesting case study to discuss. One needs to be familiar with basic data science ideas - machine learning algorithms for supervised and unsupervised learning, time series analysis.

Interview Questions

• What is likelihood? What kind of discrete probability distributions you know?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

CV and cover letter, online tests - verbal & numerical, case study interview x 2, interview, final interview (with case study).
    The case studies are fairly formulaic and require knowledge of statistics, general retail, some mental maths and graph sketching. The interview was also very classic and not too stretching. The people were very friendly

Offered other Jobs

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Very inefficient. After passing all stages till assessment centre, told me they normally don't provide sponsorship. I don't know why the **** they didn't tell me at the beginning. Then kept me waiting to see if they can do it for me. The recruitment team called me and expressed the concern, and I spent plenty of time firguring out the solution and helping solve every concern raised by Tesco. At first, told me that the problem is to provide the government with the marketing research, and I found out that I have exemption for it. I consulted fully certificated and lisenced lawyer that Tesco has nothing to pay and no trouble in providing sponsorship to a Tier 4 Visa student. Then simply told me Tesco just doesn't do sponsorship at all, so why gave me such an altisonant reason that Tesco needs to provide such proof to the government? Tesco is a fully licensed company for recruiting non-EU employees. What's the point in having this? Decoration?

After being kept waiting for weeks, and only got a simple "NO" without any feedbacks. Could just say no at the beginning. Such a customer-focused company has such weak ability to treat people. In total the whole process is arrogant, inefficient and racist.

Food Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy Phone Interview, mostly repeated questions which i had tackled in the online application. Interviewer was very casual and friendly. Skills-based interview rather than case. Invited to an assessment center at a hotel where i was invited to give a 3D CV: a cross between a traditional interview and stand-up comedy sketch about my work experience. Further Questions about my work experience, teamwork experience, etc. Business case study assessment where i had to make a commercial decision and present it to a senior manager, who then proceed to poke holes in my proposal. Finally a group interview where 10 of us had to come to a business decision following negotiation

Interview Questions

• Give us an example where you would do something differently   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

interviews and assessment day, potential for a lot of interviews especially if a bench hire. Company based on personal sponsorship. getting on with people is key. They use some evry straight forward competency based questions

Negotiation

tough!

Communications Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Sent CV via email then got called two weeks later to be invited to the assessment center. Assessment center was hard, group task followed by individual presentation and interview. Company paid for hotel to stay in night before and travel. They are looking for an all round person, somebody who takes a lead in the group tasks but also lets other people talk.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, why Tesco, why this placement scheme   Answer Question

Supply Chain Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

The process consisted of:
    1. Phone Based Competency Interview, which lasted around 30 mins
    2. Assessment Day, which included:
    Numerical and verbal psychometric tests, group tasks, three interviews (with two interviewers) which were competency based questions, presentation and case study

I was notified within the week of the role that was being offered.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have overcome conflict at work?   Answer Question