Tesco Customer Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.2

252 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

The process involved a group interview where a range of situational questions were asked. We were then taken onto the shop floor for 20 minutes for a work sample and given an understanding of what our job would involve.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you helped someone?
    Name a time you encountered a problem and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tesco

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hednesford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesco (Hednesford, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a group interview today and all we had to do was fill out a health questionnaire and an availability one. Then answer a few basic customer related questions going around the table individually. It was all very relaxed

Interview Questions

• When did you go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to follow rules even if you didn't understand or agree with it.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked the group questions about customer service and what it means to us or how we had dealt with an aggressive or rude customer before. The interview was done by two managers and were open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had went above and beyond to give excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco (Hull, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

A group based interview which consisted of 6 candidates including myself. Firstly we had to introduce ourselves and come up with something interesting to say about ourselves. Next we were asked the usual interview questions you'd expect in an individual type interview, except we answering them in front of other candidates as well as the 3 managers conducting the interview. The questions were also very specific and were along the lines of: "Describe a time when went above and beyond expectations for a customer", "Describe a time when you had to alter your method of doing something to help a customer", "Describe a time when you had to deal with a stressful situation". The next part was a team building exercise in which we were required to build a tower which had to be 4 feet tall, free standing and aesthetically pleasing. The materials were quite limited with just being lots of A4 sheets of paper, 3 sheets of A1, pencils and sellotape. The aim of the exercise was to assess how well you communicate with other people as in whether you listen to and respect other people's thoughts, and provide your own ideas effectively. Following this we would go one at a time for individual interviews while the rest would be on the shop floor getting some experience communicating with customers and offering them chocolates. The individual interview questions were very basic and the process only took about 5 minutes, most of which was just detailing the the hours you would be available to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond expectations to help a customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to alter your methods of doing something to help a customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a stressful situation   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesco (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview which I didn't know until I got there. There were just four of us and two really nice managers doing the interview. Two questions were asked to the group and we answered when we wanted to. We were then taken down to the tills for about 10 minutes just to see how we interacted with customers. This bit was slightly awkward but you get through it. We then had individual conversations with the managers about our availability and a general chat about ourselves. Whole process took about an hour

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a customer complaint.   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, recieved email to book interview date online, gave me 2 weeks to prepare for interview, attended interview early and was told to wait in staff room, with around 7 other applicants, staff came and handed us forms to fill out, took us upstairs to the interview room.

GROUP INTERVIEW: asked interview questions, and everyone had to shout out their answers (kinda nervous on this part), see questions below

GROUP TASK: then asked to get into 2 groups, and build a 6ft tower out of paper and straws that had to stand up for 1 minute. Note - the aim of the exercise is not to ultimately build the tower, but interviewers look at everyones group work skills and leadership, so I really took charge on this part (probs why I passed because I flopped part A)

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to follow rules and procedures   2 Answers
    • Name a time you did something extra for a customer   2 Answers
    • Name a time you had to work in a team   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco (Sheffield, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I went into a building and they asked me some questions for 30mins. It only took 3 hours to call and tell me I didn't get the job. But overall it was a positive experience.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. It was a interview with two other people. It lasted about one hour. We did not have to do the group exercise as not many people turned up. The whole process lasted two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What did you do which went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Perth, Scotland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Arrived around 15 minutes before interview and was asked to sign in. Once I signed in I was taken to the staff room to wait on the other people also awaiting an interview. There were 3 in total, we began by filling in a health and safety questionnaire and then filled in the hours we'd be able to work. Once this was complete one of us was taken to the checkout to pack bags. For this it helps if you connect with the customer and are charismatic and helpful. Once this was complete I was then taken for a one-on-one interview where I was asked very basic questions and had a friendly conversation with my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Name me a time when you've been asked to do something outwith your comfort zone. How did this make you feel?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to deal with a tricky customer?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 4- 5 working days. I was interviewed at Tesco Customer Fulfillment Center. It was good, just normal questions nothing specific. The manager was really good and made me confortable to answer his questions well.

Interview Questions

• About myself and career background.   1 Answer