Tesco Interview Questions in Liverpool, England | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 1, 2017

2.0

Customer Assistant - Checkouts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got a phone call to attend an interview the next day. Looked on here for interview questions which really helped me prepare. I felt like I was really lucky with this one as the staff were so friendly and the stock manager who interviewed me was lovely.

My interview was very relaxed and felt like I was just having a conversation with the guy. Went through the questions with ease, had a bit of a laugh with the guy and a good conversation.

After the interview I got escorted onto the shop floor where I shadowed a colleague who was supervising the self service tills, was very informal just for 10 mins to see how I found that department. After that we went through some general information like availability and any holidays booked.

About 3 days later received a phone call to say I've got the job.

If you try and take note of all the variety of questions people have been asked on here and think of the answers beforehand you should do well! Also Tesco are all about their customer service so really emphasise your skills in this area - if you don't have the skills then make it up!

Overal be friendly and smiley because thats the kind of people they are looking for :)

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to do something different in your job?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you've had to work under pressure?   Answer Question
    • Was there ever a time that you had to follow a rule you wasn't happy with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Completed online application form and then got phone call 1 week later asking to come in for interview. Interview was a group interview just asking us to answer questions on a pieace of paper. Was placed into pairs which is okay if your pair Is talkative and able to help answering the question.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Had an online assessment that wasn't too bad, then went on to have a group interivew which included team work activities and upselling eachother. I thought that all went really well. Then after being told I was successful in that interivew you then go on to have a face to face interview with 2 people. It was a structred interview and asked lots of usual questions that you would be expecting. I then did not even get a call about the outcome, but considering it was a month or so ago I assume I was unsuccessful.

Customer Assistant Tesco Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to an interview the next week. Was a group interview with three other people, being interviewed by three Tesco staff members. First asked to introduce ourselves to the room, then all asked the same question then an individual question.
    Then we wee given a group task and monitored, the task was to construct a tower made out of paper that was at least three feet high, free standing and had a custom flag attached.
    Finally we were taken to the shop floor to see how to work for around 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• In your own words, what is good customer service?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of how you have worked successfully as part of a team.   Answer Question

Accepted a different job

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied on-line, the process was easy. I just completed the on-line application and the psychometric tests. Then got a phone call 2 weeks later asking me to come in for a group interview.

The group interview was very laid back, there was 3 Tesco colleagues with clipboards making notes on us. There was 10 of us in total. We sat around a table did a small ice breaker that was simply saying your name and why you want to work for Tesco. We were given an application form to fill in and in that form we had to note our availability etc. One by one we were then called in for a one on one interview with a colleague (I say interview it was really more of an informal chat) during this interview I was asked basic questions such as "why Tesco?" "what makes good customer service" and just a general chat about what makes a good employee in general. I liked how laid back the one on one was.

There was then a chance for us to " have a go " on the shop floor for about 20 minutes, for me this simply involved getting an employee bar code for the self service machines and just did some basic tasks, such as checking peoples I.D's and authorizing the self scan machines, when any problems arose with peoples shopping. Also taking the tags off peoples alcohol / clothes etc. Pretty basic stuff.

We then went back to the training room, had a round up chat about the day and was told we would find out within the week about whether we are successful in our application.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions, all really straight forward stuff.   Answer Question

I also got offered a job much closer to home, so it was in my best interest to decline.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview with the manager concerning my past experiences in retail and how competent I was to do the job.

Very informal in the sense no notes were taken. It is more like a judgement on how well you would fit into the team and if you have had similar retail experience. No piercing questions were asked, was very simple.

Interview Questions

• Previous Experience in Retail? Why did you want to work at Tesco? What skills do you think would be important for someone in this role?   1 Answer

Customer Assistant- Stock Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

It was relaxed and the manager had a great sense of humour. She asked the basic questions; what skills I had that can be relevant for the role, why I wanted to work for Tesco, etc.

Interview Questions

• Please describe times were you have helped out an individual.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy enough, went to the interview and was asked basic questions - nothing that will throw you off. In addition to this we went through my CV and talked about past roles. The interviewer also asked me what my career aspirations were, therefore I spoke about what I want to do when I finish university. Just be your self and answer honestly, if you're nice enough you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain a time that you went above and beyond.. etc, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one.