Tesco Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

Tesco Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.4

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesco (Enfield, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Great professionalism, very friendly interviewer made me feel comfortable with the questions. Let me know quite clearly what was happening next. Asked if I had any questions which I didn't because everything was explained to me properly. I was given a phone call the very next evening saying I have been offered a job. I am very happy with everything included in the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied to Tesco online, a lot of different stores and I received a call around a week later from one of the stores inviting me to a group interview in two days time. The group interview was very casual

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Go in for group assessment, fill out forms about availability and health while interviewer photocopied right to work documents. Then get asked about selves and certain general retail questions. After this we went to do a work sampling where we stacked cereal as a group while the manager helped and watched us. Finally we went back to the interview room and the manager answered any questions we had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a disgruntled customer/person   Answer Question

Dot Com Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Croydon, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online got a phone call for an interview about a week later. My interview was 2 days later. It was a group interview which took about an hour and a half. We got a brief about the company policy,uniforms, working hours etc. We then got asked 1 question each. After that we completed a work sample where we had too collect 10 items in under 10 minutes and place them in the correct tray. You find out straight away if you got that section correct.I got a phone call a few days later offering me the job and if I was free the following day for paid induction.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had too follow strict rules and procedures?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their career website for the role of customer assistant for an express store in East London. One day after the expiry date of the job, I got a phone call for a group interview in the next 2 days and also received an email for the interview details at one of their big supermarkets. There were about more than 10 people at the time I chose (there had been a group before that and would be another group after that). The store managers and a representative of HR department introduced themselves, the company, the job and explain how the recruitment process would be applied for this role. Firstly, they needed us to fill in the application forms to confirm which store we had applied, available working hours and confirmed our own information and health conditions. After that, we divided ourselves as a group of 3-4 people for doing workshops at their supermarket while other groups would go for the interview, and then exchanged the process. They said the reason why they let us do the workshops (arranging the goods on the shelves) to see our performances and gave us a chance to see if the role is suitable.
    When my group finished the workshops, a store manager took us back to the office for the interview. The other two people in my group applied for the same express store so they were interviewed together by a store manager. A guy and I applying for the same store so a store manager interviewed us, but he was not the store manager at the store I applied. The store manager then asked each 4 common questions (the area of residence, the store we applied, why Tesco and what we see ourselves at Tesco in the next 3 years) and 5 different situation/ examples questions for each. When all was done, he asked if we had any questions for him. I asked him if they would let us know the result in 2 weeks (as what I had heard at the beginning). He replied that they would give us a call if they offered. The guy asked him when we started to work if we received an offer. The manager said there would be a training if they offer...

I have been waiting for one week since my interview and have got any phone call. I remember the HR said that they would email in 2 weeks if the application is unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to change your behavior depending on who you are talking to?

(I read all the situations questions people mentioned here to prepare the answers in advance, so please take a look all the interview reviews before your interview).
      Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I Applied online, they have a small questionnaire which i passed. I Got an interview the next week. they called me to say that i have an interview, which was on a Monday and the following Friday i heard back the same week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Give me a time when you've have to use your initiative?
      Give me a time when you done something your didn't agree with?
      What do you think the job involve?
      Give me a time you've worked in a team?
      A time you've gave excellent customer service?
      A time you've worked under pressure?
      1 Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

A standard interview really, started off speaking about me and my experience, then moved on to situational questions. The person interviewing me was my potential manager, rather than HR etc, so I think it was more a case of him figuring out if we would get along. I think this was a good approach, as I know that some other people were interviewed by managers that they would not be working for in the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leyton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Leyton, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

They were running behind, wasn't given a form to fill in for 30/45 minutes. Was stuck in a room that was boiling hot and over capacity. After over an hour finally given a '1-1 interview', whereby I was actually interview with another candidate. Honestly, the interview was extremely easy, but after 2 weeks I received an automated response saying I was unsuccessful - I believe Tesco had completely oversubscribed their interview process.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week later for an interview (group interview).
    Turned up to my interview about 10 minutes early and was shown into the staff room where another woman was waiting for the interview too. Went through to another room and introduced ourselves and filled in some forms (health and safety, when we can work etc) then answered the interview questions.
    We were then taken to the shop floor where we had to greet customers entering/leaving the store for 10-15 mins and then bag pack for another 10-15 minutes.
    Went back to the room and told them our preferences on department to work in etc. Then asked if we had any questions. It was very relaxed and nice but i'd advised you to dress smart anyway and smile as much as possible.

In my interview we didn't have to build a paper tower but my friends interview before did, i think this was because mine was meant to be a group interview but only 2 of us showed up so hard to do a group activity.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have been understanding pressure and what you done about it?   Answer Question
    • How have you had to adapt your behaviour depending on who you were talking to?   Answer Question
    • What's your opinion on following rules and procedures? (Something along the line of that)   Answer Question
    • When have you gone out if your way to help someone else?   Answer Question

Propoerty Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham Cross, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Waltham Cross, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

An online application needs to be filled which comprises of a lot of competence questions. After the initial screening they let you know soon enough if you have been successful. A phone interview is the next step and the interviewer makes sure you are at ease. They ask you more competence questions and by the end of the call, they will let you know if you have been successful. At the Assessment Centre the most important is the Group interview where you will assessed by how successfully you communicate within the group. 3D CV is a great platform to showcase your talents and interests. Be creative. I used Snake and ladder as a theme to show my experiences and they loved it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you performed exceptionally well as an individual.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your decision or judgement was wrong and how you coped with it.   Answer Question