Tesco Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.3

687 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, recieved email to book interview date online, gave me 2 weeks to prepare for interview, attended interview early and was told to wait in staff room, with around 7 other applicants, staff came and handed us forms to fill out, took us upstairs to the interview room.

GROUP INTERVIEW: asked interview questions, and everyone had to shout out their answers (kinda nervous on this part), see questions below

GROUP TASK: then asked to get into 2 groups, and build a 6ft tower out of paper and straws that had to stand up for 1 minute. Note - the aim of the exercise is not to ultimately build the tower, but interviewers look at everyones group work skills and leadership, so I really took charge on this part (probs why I passed because I flopped part A)

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to follow rules and procedures   1 Answer
    • Name a time you did something extra for a customer   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to work in a team   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was expecting individual interviews only but the interview began as a group of 6. We completed induction information packs and outlined our availability.
    Secondly, we completed a team building exercise before undergoing individual interviews. Finally, we were asked to spend some time on the shop floor experiencing the role.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco (Sheffield, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I went into a building and they asked me some questions for 30mins. It only took 3 hours to call and tell me I didn't get the job. But overall it was a positive experience.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

Interview

Got a phone call a few days after applying online being invited to a 1 on 1 interview, then on the morning of the interview I was called again and was asked if I could come an hour earlier and to bring my passport with me.

Replenishment Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco in September 2017.

Interview

Online application which asks several questions about retail. Interview, after a week, was simple 1-1 and then 20 minutes spent on shop floor shadowing a colleague. Interviewer was friendly and approachable. Filled in paperwork at the beginning, signed and gave I.D. Then onto questions and then to shop floor all taking around forty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you had to go along with something you didn't agree with. Name a time you helped someone. Give a time you went out of your way for a customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco in September 2017.

Interview

After applying online I received a phone call about 3 days later, I was invited in for an interview the following week which was a one on one interview asking questions about experience with customers. After the first interview I was told I may be invited to a second interview and will hear back shortly, the a few days after I was invited to the second interview which was a group interview with people being interviewed for all different types of roles. In the group interview we were asked to create a 6 foot tall tower out of paper and duct tape within 20 minutes and at the end they asked people questions like who do you think took control of the group. After the group interview had ended we then waited for our individual interviews, the 2nd interview was quite long lasting about 2 and a half hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Liverpool, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. It was a interview with two other people. It lasted about one hour. We did not have to do the group exercise as not many people turned up. The whole process lasted two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What did you do which went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sleaford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Sleaford, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call asking me if I was available on a particular date for interview. When I attended, it ended up it was a group interview, which none of us was informed of. Then, we filled in some paperwork mainly regarding health and safety. Following this, we were split into 2 teams and participated in a group challenge. Afterwards, we were all asked 2 questions each. Next, we were sent to the shop floor to stack shelves and individually called in to have one to one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have gone beyond what is expected to deliver excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Perth, Scotland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Arrived around 15 minutes before interview and was asked to sign in. Once I signed in I was taken to the staff room to wait on the other people also awaiting an interview. There were 3 in total, we began by filling in a health and safety questionnaire and then filled in the hours we'd be able to work. Once this was complete one of us was taken to the checkout to pack bags. For this it helps if you connect with the customer and are charismatic and helpful. Once this was complete I was then taken for a one-on-one interview where I was asked very basic questions and had a friendly conversation with my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Name me a time when you've been asked to do something outwith your comfort zone. How did this make you feel?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to deal with a tricky customer?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Erith, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Went in for interview in the belvedere plant, arrived 20 minutes early on premesis signed in and directed to the canteen area to wait. Was greeted 25 minutes later by a lady who was very pleasant. She took me to a room and from there had a formal interview which went as could be expected. Asked a few questions about me why i want the job my background and why im suited. Explained how the plant operated the pay, shifts available and what a day might be like. After a hour of interviewing she went off to print some documents that i had provided, driving licence, proof of NI and passport. She returned 20 minutes later and we continued talking about the job and several benefits. I was with her from 8:05 until 9:40 when i signed out of the building. She has arranged for a driving assessment the following day at 8 AM. I again arrived 20 minutes early and waited in the canteen for the assessor. I was greeted 20 minutes late by the assessor. I was not pleased about this but smiled and tried to ignore it. Went out driving in the van for about a hour. Much like the standard car test, he provided directions and i followed. I was asked to reverse around a corner as a manoeuvre. When we arrived i was asked to park the van up in the car park and that was the end of the test. I was told my driving was good and i showed great confidence but advised to slow down a little going around roundabouts and on approach. I was doing around 10 mph around the roundabouts and about 20 on approach. I was informed 2 days later that my application wasnt to be progressed with. I asked for feedback and did not receive any response. Complete waste of time and lack of respect shown by not being provided feedback despite them claiming it would be provided if requested in email. Noticed 3 days later that they had reposted their ad for needing delivery drivers really added extra insult. Will not be spending my money within tesco in the future.

TLDR Applied online to erith plant, interview was pleasant and easy despite being almost 2 hours, driving assessor was 20 minutes late and unprofessional. No job offer after 4 hours spent with Tesco.