Tesco Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Tesco Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.3

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Was a fairly easy and laid back interview. The day started with a group activity of creating a paper structure to be taller than 6ft, they're looking for good leadership skills and an ability to work as a team under pressure, at the end of this activity there's a self reflection period where you evaluate your performance. Then came the one to one interview, it was chilled and laid back with the standard competency questions. After that we were taking to shadow the cashier at the checkout, this seemed pointless as it only lasted for 5-10 minutes. Had the interview today so I am waiting on a response.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Dot Com Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco (Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and put us at ease. It was an informal interview with one other applicant. We answered questions in turn. Standard questions about customer service etc. Filled out forms re availability etc. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Received a phone call the same day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experienced a setback and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you helped a colleague.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you offered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Tesco Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Brighton, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few days later to have an interview the following day
    asked to bring passport and P45
    did a group activity with 3 others (8 of us in total in the interview) to demonstrate teamwork
    managers took us out individually to ask us shift working times and some questions

Interview Questions

• how did you modify your behaviour when dealing with a certain customer   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco (Solihull, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I Arrived a few minutes early for my interview at Tesco Express Dorridge and went to the checkout desk to let one of the staff members know i was here. i was shown to the staff canteen and one of the staff members said wait here and you will be seen soon and feel free to make yourself a drink. while i was in the waiting room i met one of the candidates that was waiting to be interviewed. his name was James and he had previously worked in HMV in solihull. i have some small talk with him until he got called for his interview. i made a cup of tea while i was waiting for my interview and i revised my interview notes

So.... I was called for my interview and went into the store managers office. I Firmly shook his hand and introduced myself to him,He told me to take a seat, He then asked to see my right to work documents which i showed him. he then told me that the interview was a two part process and then he told me the benefits of working there, the pay, and when i would hear a decision from him. The interview questions were pretty straightforward and easy to answer if you have prepared them. i then did a work sample with Becki and then left the store.

Later on in the day i had an automated email from them telling me i have been unsuccesful. I hate automated emails and i am going to phone up later on this week and ask for verbal feedback

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had a setback and how did you deal with it   1 Answer
    • Give me a time when you had to help a new colleague settle in   1 Answer

Graduate Customer Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesco in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Customer Analytics Graduate Scheme in October, and after the initial application form with many "Describe a time when.." questions I was invited to the online tests. I completed numerical, verbal and SJT. I was quickly informed that I had successfully passed the online tests, and after aroud 1.5 month I had my phone interview with a nice HR assistant. The phone interview was quite long, more than 40 minutes and it consisted of around 12-15 competency based questions. The interviewer was very encouraging and her remarks positive. However, a couple of days after the interview I was told that I had not been successful. I immediately asked for feedback but they have not replied back to me so far and it has been 1 months since my interview.

Technology Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tesco (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)).

Interview

first stage was a situational test as well as verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning, fairly standard. The situational test was based on tescos values.
    Second stage consisted of a telephone interview which was competency based.
    The assessment centre was very intense and contained alot of technical content of how you would develop technology as well as leadership skills for competencies

Customer Assistant - Checkouts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesco (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for a Christmas temp job, relatively simple interview. Had three sections: first an individual interview, then a group task and then you spent about 10 minutes shadowing a customer assistant on the tills. In the 1:1 interview I was asked very few questions but all of the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had to adapt to complete a task?   Answer Question

Personal Shopper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Sat in cafe for a while, I was the first one there and then 4 others came. We firstly had to introduce ourselves to each other which was easy as we already did it in the cafe while waiting. Then given a paper and had to ask questions to the person next to us and report back to the group. Then we were asked some group discussion questions while 2 staff members observed. We were then given a piece of paper and had to draw an animal whose characteristics best describe ours and why. We were given 5 mins to do that then had to present to the group. Lastly, we were given a tour of the dot com area at the back and given a quick briefing of how it works and that's it.

Interview Questions

• What does the phrase 'every little helps' mean to you   1 Answer
    • Who would you help first, your colleague or a customer and why?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when a customer made a complaint and how you dealt with it   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had to fill out an availability form

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, England (UK)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesco (Mansfield, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward . Very friendly and easy to talk to . Very standard interview questions all in all a positive experience . 5 days from application to job offer, would definitely recommend

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've worked under pressure and how it made you feel   Answer Question

Food Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Filled out an online form, followed by a series of online psychometric tests. This was followed by a telephone interview that lasted 40 minutes, based on some competency questions. I was then invited for an assessment day, which was held at a hotel in Cheshunt. The assessment day was a good experience; it involved a range of group exercises and individual presentations, and there was a lunch break in between. However, 6 months later, I have not received any of the promised detailed feedback or my travel expenses. Additionally, an email I sent enquiring about the status of these was ignored.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and a team member had differing opinions, and how you worked together to resolve this.   Answer Question