Tesla Engineering Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Engineering Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

~5hr process, met individually with nine people including the hiring manager, three people from other teams, and the recruiter. Each interview was approx 30 minutes long and was primarily technical questions and problems.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a schematic of an analogue power system and asked me to describe purpose and function of every component.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Basically the interview is a sanity check, if they were impressed with your resume and it was all true you will not have a problem. Definitely smile as much as you can and don't be afraid to laugh with them a little bit because they are looking for somebody they don't mind working with on a daily basis, you must be that person

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Short 20-30 minute interviews with 5-6 hiring managers. Most of the questions were about my background and knowledge. Some questions about PLC programming and troubleshooting circuits. They probed a lot on why I wanted to work for the company. They expect people to be excited about their technology and have some knowledge on what the company actually does. If you don't know something be honest. This felt more like a "will you be a good fit" then are you actually qualified. I feel like they would train the right person.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between DC and AC motors?   1 Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

The number of interviews wasn't as high as other people have had. I had 2 phone interviews then was asked to come to HQ for 1:1. During the on site interviews there were maybe 6 interviews. All asked about what I knew about the job that was posted, and how I feel I could help the team. Also reviewed my resume and asked about everything I had on it.

Interview Questions

• asking me technician question about the position, what I would do in certain situations.   Answer Question

the offer was very low, not up to par with other companies, current job countered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

To be hired as a technician, I had phone screen interview with HR. Then I had another phone interview with a supervisor. I was invited to Fremont Office for onsite interview with the group interested in hiring me. Hiring manager asked technical, behavioral, analytical, and problem solving questions. Two engineers asked technical questions and brain teasers. Three technicians asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• I was caught off guard when I was asked "why should we hire you? give me three reasons."   2 Answers

Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Typical interview process. Was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview with them going through my resume etc. They liked what they heard and set up another phone interview with an engineering manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a dynamometer to an 8yr old child?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY).

Interview

Short (10 minute) phone interview with an Associate Recruiter (not even a real recruiter) She didn’t know anything about the position she was recruiting for and kept saying ‘uh-huh.’ I felt like she wasn’t listening to what I said. Needless to say after the 3-4 business days she stated I would get a response back nothing happened. Emailed her after two weeks she promptly emailed me back a ‘thanks but no thanks’ email. C’mon Tesla you gotta do better then having 12 year old girls calling skilled, professional candidates!!

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Why do you want to work here? What is your greatest work accomplished?   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Interview

The interview process was easy and smooth. had an inteview of 45 minutes with 4 different interviewers. It was behavioral, technical and logical reasoning. The recruiters were very comfortable to talk to

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Tesla   1 Answer