Tesla Firmware Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Firmware Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

3 telephone interviews that were fairly easy. Received the first phone call from an internal recruiter who asked what I knew about the company, what my educational background is and went on to explain what tesla is about and the position for which they were interviewing at the time. In his own words, they are looking for people motivated to work for tesla and who are excited by the prospect of building the next generation cars.

The second phone call was from the hiring manager, this was a completely technical interview and a short one too. 4 questions: one about a voltage divider circuit application, the second to come up with a fairly simple algorithm and the last two were how would you go about testing a calculator and microwave.

The third call was scheduled for the next day this was a mixture of both technical and behavioral questions. Mostly questions about my previous projects, courses in school and a couple of behavioral questions.

Was told to expect a call to schedule an onsite interview but dint heard from them after.

Interview Questions