Tesla Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Digital application. Basic information was asked. Option for your own resume. The process was mostly based on seeing your accomplishments on paper. The application was heavily reliant on your university and GPA.

Interview Questions

• What projects are you currently working on?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly simple, met at career fair, interviewed next day, phone interview a few days after, that was it. Whole process took five or six days. Got my offer email a week after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied Online. It took more than 3+ months. I was interviewed for information security intern by a manager and the team via phone. First the screening interview by a technical recruiter. After the recruiter, the manager and team were interested in interviewing me and he found me suitable for the position (was a 40 minute interview purely technical) The team gave me a security challenge where I impressed them greatly (At least the HR said me that the team want me to move forward). After passing through this phase, the HR said your candidature will be reviewed by executives (asked for concise points about me). After few followups, the recruiter said that my application is escalated to CTO. No reply even after many followups after this. I seriously do not know what has happened. I lost hope of hearing back.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on security.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was a standard interview process, asked about past experiences, skills and some behavior questions. There were indeed some technical questions regarding the position I applied to, but it was not very difficult

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you don't agree with your manager   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesla in December 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone call with the HR who went over my resume asking various questions based on it.
    The second round was a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. The questions were from my resume and also included a couple of programming questions which I had to do in a shared screen environment.
    The third round was with another hiring manager and this round too was similar to the previous round with a programming question to finish it off.
    After these rounds, I was informed by the HR that I was selected for a summer internship and that his next call with me would be to discuss the package. A week later, the HR informed me that the team wants to conduct another interview. This was conducted by another hiring manager from a different team. This involved a coding round. After this round, the HR informed me that they cannot offer me the internship though I did manage to answer all the questions except for one.

Interview Questions

• How would you return an exception from a void function?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA).

Interview

30 minutes video interview with two managers. Basic questions about my projects at school and if my projects can help me in the job. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at communication between multiple groups?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tesla (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

One on campus interview and one phone interview, (both technical). Both interviews were approximately 30 minutes. Both interviewers were engineers on the team that I would be working with. In person interviewer was friendly and guided me as I progressed through the problem giving suggestions and constructive criticism as to how to provide a better solution to the problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a technical project that you were a part of   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied by sending my Resume to a University Recruiter. She asked me to set up a date for a brief phone screening. The interview lasted for 20 mins. I was matched with an Operational Excellence team. The second interview was a phone interview with a Sr. Industrial Engineer. It had a lot of technical and situational questions. No offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Tesla?
      How would you increase the production without investing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Santa Barbara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had initial interview with the company for an internship that I was referred to by a friend. They called me up and we spoke for about 30 minutes casually about the needs of the department and how my skills would help meet those needs.

Overall it was a positive experience although I didn't get the job. Needs of the department changed they said.

Interview Questions

• My experience with the position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through an initial screening and then interviewed in HR with 3 different teams. The interviews were primarily fit based. Each team asked different questions but none were overly technical. Most of the interviews were about my independent research and prior internship experience. Many questions about my learning style and how I work best.

Interview Questions

• Why Tesla?
      Tell me about your research?   1 Answer