Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,384 Interview Reviews

2.9

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

2 phone screens from recruiter and hiring manager. Recruiter was fast and nice. Hiring manager questioned about gaps between jobs, and attempted to find out age by asking graduation dates for schools. Hiring manager asked to do writing assignment, but never responded on results.

Interview Questions

• Asked to write an exclusivity clause, and questioned about why want to work at company.   Answer Question

Supplier Industrialization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Tedious, phone interview, hiring manager treats you as a number. I think they're really leveraging their brand name, I don't think the compensation package was very competitive. You can tell that they ask a lot out of you and that seems to be expected, while not really treating employees well, but it really depends on the team you get into.

Interview Questions

• PPAP related, apparently Tesla uses their own form of PPAP, but describe the differences between Cpk / Ppk   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone call to go over background and my resume. Challenge problem that had you find some bugs and develop patches. Subsequent phone call that asked further questions and went over the problem.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla (Seattle, WA) in August 2019.

Interview

One over the phone interview with a Recruiter. One in person with the store manager. Kind of felt as if the store manager didn't know she had an interview set up at the time. Referred to me by my recruiter's name leading me to believe she was reading off a forwarded email. I felt as if I may have studied a bit too much about Tesla before hand because I was prepared for many of the questions yet I felt there was a lot of impromptu and made up questions along the way. I kind of felt like I was on the defensive yet I've never been more prepared for an interview in my life.

Interview Questions

• LOTS. I felt I answered prepared questions then felt a lot more was improvised as I had done a lot of research on the company already.

How do you build rep-ore with customers?
      Tell me about what you know about our CEO?   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Referred by a friend and applied on line for the Production Associate position. Received an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview was fairly easy going as the recruiter asked about work history, experiences and information about the position. She even asked if I had experience with hand tools. After phone interview, recruiter wanted to schedule a in-person interview at the factory. She even gave me some pointers on what to do and say during the interview process and sent me links to do research about the company.

Interview Questions

• What my duties and responsibilities were at my last employer   Answer Question

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

During the past six years as Technical Support, I possess a strong background in customer service, excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong motivation to successfully complete any task before me. Please consider the following highlights from my career:

Automotive & Electronics Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

2 hour long technical interviews, basic knowledge of beam bending, GD&T, and design constraints required. I recommend researching Tesla's autopilot system as wells as the vehicles technical features inside and outside the vehicle. Be able to walk your interviewer through the design process to address some of your greatest challenges.

Interview Questions

• What are the design constraints for an autopilot system?   Answer Question
    • What are the design constraints for a speaker system in a car?   Answer Question
    • What is the optimal beam cross section for mass reduction under bending and how did you determine that?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesla in August 2019.

Interview

Very simple interview beginning with the interviewer talking about his background/experience at Tesla. Then, the interviewer asked me to elaborate on several points in my resume. Afterwards, the interviewer asked me a few personal questions and allowed me time to ask my questions.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Seattle, WA) in August 2019.

Interview

Not great. Woman was very hostile and although i was connected through a recruiter she acted as if she did not want me there. It was one of my most disappointing interview experiences I have had.

Interview Questions

• What do you drive, What is Tesla's goal, What is your sales experience   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Great time. They expect a lot out of you because it is Tesla. They are growing which means you can grow within the company, but it also means you will be driving that growth.