Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,384 Interview Reviews

2.9

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter, schedule the oa testing, then phone interview, then onsite interview, then got the offer nextday.phone interview with recruiter, schedule the oa testing, then phone interview, then onsite interview, then got the offer nextday.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (San Francisco, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

I had a phone call with recruiter, who matched me with team that was interested in my resume. I then had a 1:1 with team lead, coderpad and videocall. 2 more rounds of coderpad and videocall with other people.

Mobile Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Two interviews: One phone screening and one group interview in person. I wouldn't worry too much. They hired everyone at the interview and one of the managers didn't even look up the entire time, he was just on his phone

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

very straight forward interview process. great communication throughout the whole process by the company recruiter. whole process lasted for only about 5 weeks from initial interview to offer. 1st round was with recruiter, 2nd with Engineer (both on the phone), 3rd round was a site interview (Gigafactory 1) which they paid for my travel. Site interview was with a panel and a little more intense than first 2 but at this point you know you already are a top candidate so motivation to knock it out of the ballpark.

Interview Questions

• Why Tesla
      Walk me through an engineering troubleshooting scenario you have been involved with   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

First I was introduced to an engineering manager, then I talked to a hiring manager about different roles that were available and if they might be a good fit. She then scheduled a time for me to talk with some members of the engineering team which is where the questions were more technical. The next steps (which I didn’t make it to) would have been a design challenge and in-person presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why would a faulty weld in a electrical conduit cause excessive heat?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

slow, lack of follow up. Immigration at that time was not a good department. the recruiters never get an answer and feedback on time. sometimes with all this details you lost the idea that they will call you but in my experience after 5 weeks I got the call.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

I arrived early to the facility. I checked into the lobby. I was greeted by a young lady who escorted me to the interview area where I met with the lead. The interview process was quick. I was asked general questions. Nothing difficult.

The entire process took about 10 minutes.

I was recommended for the position by the lead who interviewed me.

I have not yet heard back from Tesla.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

I had two phone interviews followed by the on-site. Most of the on-site interview questions were irrelevant to the position. The interview itself was a fairly standard 5-hour affair. I gave a presentation in the morning, followed by a pretty tough and far-reaching technical interview.

Interview Questions

• when we have a circuit with given I and V, what is R?   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Moving parts throughout the warehouse. Helping production line, locating products. Help quality control. Drive and operate forklifts. It’s a must. Overtime. Must be able to stand a long time, it’s 12 hour shift. Managers hate when employees sit.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

A phone call at first then an onsite interview where there were four interviews scheduled.
    All interviews were very technical and related to Computer Science. Overall I liked the interview process

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to algorithms and data structures   Answer Question