Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

1,383 Interview Reviews

2.9

Interview

Talk through what they are doing, ask general Automation Controls questions, ask my previous intern experience. The process overall is pretty smooth, I got one round of interview and that's it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Pretty simple. 1 round was speaking with the recruiter about background and fit. Then 2nd round was speaking with 2 engineers on the team and basically asking star questions. It took a while to hear back the overall process took around 4 months.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Torrance, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Group interview. Bunch of techs who are fighting to get the same job. You need to stand out if you want to work for Tesla. Only issue is you may not get the job you applied for

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Overall a very positive experience. First interview was with a Tesla recruiter who was very professional and helpful. Make sure you know what the mission of Tesla and some basic facts about the company. Second interview was with the hiring manager. Typical supply chain interview questions (service level, safety stock, inventory management, supplier issues, MRP, etc). Final interview was on site and included a 30 minute presentation about yourself and a case study problem, mainly done in Excel. For example, when would you order from the supplier? How much safety stock would you build? Conduct a run out analysis, etc.

The pace at Tesla is no joke, the main production line in Fremont cannot go down and supply chain management is relentless. Make sure you come off in the interview as a passionate, Type A, high energy, extremely hard working competitive individual that is in love with the Tesla mission.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience doing Material Planning? Have you dealt with multi layer BOMs? Do you have experience in ERP? How do you minimize excess and obsolete inventory?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with bad suppliers? How would you work to resolve a supply issue?   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY).

Interview

Very drawn out. Over the course of 4 months I had 3 take home assignments, an onsite interview which included a 30 minute presentation, and 8-10 phone calls.

After my onsite, it felt like they were stalling. They asked me to complete an additional take home assignment. I did so, and about a week later got a response from the recruiter saying that he "accidentally sent me the wrong one". So I then completed another assignment which was almost identical to the previous one. A week later I got a response from the recruiter saying the manager was out of town. A week after that, they finally gave me a verbal offer. After some negotiation, we agreed to terms and I was very excited to join Tesla.

Sounds great, right? They said that before they could give me an official offer, I would have to have a brief phone call with the manager's boss. They said he was very busy and it might be a few days. After a week of not hearing back, I reached out. No response. I waited another week, then reached out again. Again, no response.

I understand that they were probably going through other candidates the whole time, and that nothing is official until the ink is dry. But to extend a verbal offer and then ghost the candidate is extremely unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla (Nashville, TN) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone Screening and then coding phone interview. HR was fine, she scheduled coding interview pretty fast. But engineer seems like didn't have experience with Java/algorithms but tried to interview Java developer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience and then asked to solve simple Java problem.   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Westmont, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

I started off with a phone interview, was told great things about the company and made me very excited to have the opportunity to work for Tesla! I heard back an hour later saying I had progressed to an in person interview at the service center. The In person interview consisted of all scenario questions read straight from a computer. They got to know very little about myself. I was told different benefits and working hours from the phone interview to the in person interview. Felt like a bait and switch. I did not receive a job offer. If I had, I honestly would not have taken it.

Intern Interview

Interview

One phone interview with recruiter, technical call with potential manager, then technical call with senior manager. None of them was very hard since I understood the topics I was talking about pretty well.

Solar Ambassador Interview

Interview

phone and then live interview at their office headquarters. I met with the sales manager for the region, who would be in charge of the team. The building was hard to find but everyone was very nice once I got there.

START Program Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Friendly, Casual, Seamless; recruiters and interviewers arranged the process very simply and were glad to answer any questions I had. They were very clear regarding training and discussed future opportunities with Tesla.

Interview Questions

• They asked: Why do you feel teamwork is valued very highly in the workplace?   Answer Question