Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tesla

1,384 Interview Reviews

2.9

Motion Planning Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

1. Recruiter phone screen
    This was more of understanding the interests of the candidate and assessing the personality of the candidate.

2. 1 to 2 technical phone interview
    Problem solving questions using strings and matrices. Would advice practicing a lot of coding for this round
    Couldn't clear the technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Problem - Solving question: Matching string patterns   1 Answer
    • Convolution operation on a 2D matrix   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Straightforward questions that you can basically google. Be prepared to have thoughtful, positive responses to the questions. They ask basic questions that basically speak upon why you chose Tesla. Do your research beforehand!

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY).

Interview

4 interwievs. First two over phone, last two with Microsoft teams.
    Felt very efficient. Only took 4 weeks total since the first call.
    Very friendly and could always call someone to answer my questions.
    They seemed to go more on your potential and how quickly you learn rather than knowing the job before you start
    I am not a mechanic, so i had to motivate how my experiences would relate to this job, and also how my experiences showed that i could work with basically anything given the training and tools.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for tesla?   Answer Question
    • Descrive in simple terms how a break system works   Answer Question
    • If a customer wants their Car serviced before others. How would you respond?   1 Answer

Purchasing Intern Interview

Interview

One interview with recruiter and another with hiring manger. It was all through the phone. It was really about 30 to 45 minutes for each interview. Recruiter was very responsive and very helpful throughout the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Why Tesla? Why this role? and other behavioral questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

This is for a phone interview last year pre-COVID.
    Applied online and they emailed me for a phone screen with a recruiter. One of the questions is they ask about is my duties in my current internship. I supported two teams in then current role and begin by talking about both my bosses who head each department I work for. Not a minite in and she interrupts me to say, “I asked what YOU do, not your boss.”.... Well if you gave me a minute to explain what my teams do, I was going to go into that and how I contribute with my duties.
    They also asked standard screen questions including availability and willingness to relocate for the summer.

Overall, I think it became apparent they prefer students who live in the Bay Area. Also that recruiter was not patient at all and I felt rushed to answer her questions.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla in July 2020.

Interview

Initial phone round that went very well. It was a 30 min interview with a Product Manager.
    Then I got a follow up Coding Challenge. This part was the worst.
    Was given a challenge to build a complicated app within 4 hours. This is the worst experience I ever had. The team needs to really needs to Improve their hiring process.
    Don't act like idiots. I wonder how they got their job in the 1st place

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

It was very lengthy and very difficult. The interview was 2 hours long and the interviewer asked me very technical questions about everything on my resume. All about my courses and the project work

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Nashville, TN) in July 2020.

Interview

4 interviews over the course of a month. Phone interview with recruiter and managers. Everyone was super nice. Didn’t get picked due to other people with more experience. But, everyone was kind and had positive feedback.

Data Annotation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla (San Mateo, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

Very quick interview process. Two interviews in one week, first with recruiter (30 min), second with a manager/supervisor (1 hr).

Second interview includes 45-min computer assessment. Tests basic browser and spreadsheets skills, in addition to labeling ability (ability to draw polygon, write sufficient notes, do so efficiently and accurately.)

Tesla Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla in July 2020.

Interview

I had a phone call with a recruiter, then a virtual interview with two managers, and then I was given an offer. This during Covid, so I am unsure if this is the usual process.