Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,384 Interview Reviews

2.9

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Basic questions for an interview and recap of job application. Skills and attributes that will benefit to the position splitting for. It's a little process but we'll worth it

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in Person interview with a large pool of people . Conditional offer of employment contingent on passing drug test within two days of offer, background check goes back 7 years . Be honest because they will require you to provide documentation , and physical before hiring which tests your vitals, cardio, range of motion, flexibility, ability to lift heavy boxes, etc. Its about 1 hour long. Currently waiting on offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Tesla? Are you OK with working long hours?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesla in August 2018.

Interview

The Tesla recruiter never called for the phone screen, than emailed me to reschedule. When rescheduling, the time was at the recruiters convenience not mine. It felt like a quick process to just get me off the phone. She didn’t even seem enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiance?   1 Answer

Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Initial web interview with HR. Then additional interviews were via web and in person. Be yourself, and have fun. Dress business casual and smile. Most interviewers are friendly.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla in August 2018.

Interview

The Manager and the Assistant Manager were both very kind and attentive. The questions felt a little too broad. They stated at the end of the interview that HR is regional and could take weeks to months to get any contact back.

Delivery Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was horrendous. The first interview was over the phone. It went smoothly. The second interview was over the phone. They said this was an interview to be a customer experience specialist. I tried correcting them and they told me that it is basically the same job. Wrong. The third interview was a video call. Their connection was bad and it was just another phone call. They asked me all of these questions about my skills. They said I was more than qualified, and Ill be hearing back from them in a few days. Three weeks later I got an e-mail. "We don't think you qualify for the position". The position in the e-mail was "Service advisor". Very disorganized. Very unprofessional. Very disappointed.

Power Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Lafayette, IN) in August 2018.

Interview

One phone interview for 45min. The guy directly jumped into the resume with lots of technical questions. I'm in heat transfer and fluid areas so some general theory questions like: What is Reynolds number? What's the physical meaning of Reynolds number? How do you describe Reynolds number to someone with no fluid mechanics background. For heat transfer it was heat conduction equation, like what material properties do you need to solve a steady-state heat conduction equation? What if it is not a steady-state process?

Interview Questions

• Purely technical questions based on the resume.
      Nothing general.
      Focused on details of projects and general theory related.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After initial chat, was sent a test to do online. The test was really well written, and was a lot of fun to solve. Following that, the recruiter scheduled two technical interviews spaced over 2-3 days. The interviews were standard coding challenges. Nothing specific to firmware really. Recruiter had the courtesy to let me know that I was rejected, including what I did well and where I was expected to have dome better.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

They asked about a lot of things like data stuctures and algorithms and so on, nothing super specific, mostly general. Then there some behavioral questions and then some brain teaser and puzzle like math questions.

Field Energy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview. We set up a date and time for them to call me. When the date and time came no one called. I followed up with emails to which I got no response. 4 weeks later I got an email that the position was filled.