Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tesla

1,383 Interview Reviews

2.9

Backend Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesla in June 2020.

Interview

I was reached out by a HR recruiter on Linkedin. He talked to me over the phone to get some information about my experience and what I'm looking for in the next role. He set a call with the technical recruiter in a few days.

Awful technical recruiter call. It was a video call where the technical recruiter (the engineering manager of the team they were hiring) talked to me. He asked me about my background and within a few minutes, I saw him distracted and not interested to talk or ask any more questions. I wouldn't have upset him by talking about my background as they already had my resume and I was just elaborating what was mentioned on the resume.

Very unprofessional of him to not be attentive on a video call. WORST EXPERIENCE. Would never consider to interview for the company again.

Associate Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

I received an email message from Tesla requesting my available dates and times for a first round phone screen.

After a little email back and forth about salary and relo, I rather generously provided a total of nine (9) hours of availability time across two days. I was left with the strong but unstated impression that salary wasn't an issue and was informed that this position could be remote.

Two days later, on a Friday afternoon, I still hadn't heard back from Tesla and withdrew from the position in order to maintain my productivity during the nine (9) hours that I was holding for Tesla.

It is unclear whether this snafu was due to the apparent limited English skills of the individual who I was corresponding with or whether the minimum base salary requirements that I provided this individual was not possible for this role and he didn't have the skills to stop the process from moving forward without leaving me hanging and holding nine (9) hours for Tesla until the eleventh hour.

At any rate, I was certainly inconvenienced by this lack of professionalism and am not inclined to apply to Tesla again.

Interview Questions

• Tesla didn't respond back to schedule the call and left me hanging with nine (9) hours reserved for Tesla. Hence. There were no interview questions.   1 Answer

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Dallas, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Lengthy, 5 interview process but all of the interviewers were nice and easy to converse with. Follow up after interview was slow for responses and ultimately I was offered a position that was different than what I applied for.

Interview Questions

• What is your relationship with business or non-profits in the area   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla in June 2020.

Interview

3 rounds interview, take about one month from beginning to the end. If you watch online video how to prepare the interview, you should be fine. Final interview asked a lot technical questions related to your major.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if one team member doesn't do his job?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

1-2 phone screenings about prior experiences and to check cultural fit, then a video case study interview. Overall it took +4 weeks to reach this stage. Interview process is smooth, well organized.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Phone screen followed by 1:1 technical phone calls with engineering team members. Need to pass a timed technical test. Need to solve coding problems live with interviewer. Basic EE lab questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesla in May 2020.

Interview

A long process, but well worth it! The interviews were not challenging, and quite enjoyable. The first interview was with a recruiter. It lasted 30 minutes. The second interview was with my prospective manager. It lasted 50 minutes. A third "interview" was scheduled, but it turned out to just be a call to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work experience from my resume.   Answer Question
    • I was asked how I would manage a project from start to finish.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, phone screen, 1 too long code assignment to complete within a few days, an on-site followed. You start with a presentation and then the interviews. During the interviews too many of the interviewers mentioned how stressful the environment is and that they work a lot (Without me asking).

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very long and time-consuming. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, a phone interview with the manager, a project to complete, an in-person presentation of this project followed by three 30 minute in-person panels of two people on the team, and then a phone interview from the manager's manager and then the director. The project requested for this process was vague and confusingly written. Because of this, I did as much as possible. This resulted in a very detailed presentation that took two weeks to complete.

Considering the extent of this interview and the promises of a difficult role, I expected to learn a lot. I believe the difficulty of the interview poorly reflected the job itself, as it was very easy and required little prior knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you needed information from a subject matter expert and they were not responding to you?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

There was an intro phone call, then an in-person interview. I was unable to make it, so I did mine through Zoom. Around an hour, included (easy) technical assessment that you MUST pass to continue the interview.