Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tesla

1,384 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla in April 2018.

Interview

Very pathetic experience I had. I was reached out for the position by the recruiter only. Then he scheduled for 30 mins of call for discussing about the position. After one week one round of technical interview was scheduled. I cleared that and also cleared the online Java test. The next round was on-site interview. The recruiter introduced a new recruiter and told me that new recruiter will manage going forward for on-site interview. Two weeks passed and then I came to know that position is no longer exist and someone from internal team will fill up that. Unnecessarily wasted my time.

Human Factors and Ergonomics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla in April 2018.

Interview

Completely and utterly unprofessional. Had an interview scheduled by a coordinator for a specific half-hour time slot. The interviewer never calls throughout the entire scheduled time so I email the coordinator to try and understand the situation and see if the interviewer wants to reschedule. I continue to go about my day. The interviewer then calls me about 40 min after the interview was supposed to end and says it was due to scheduling errors on his side. I said it was no problem but I was not in an environment where we could conduct the interview. We rescheduled for Monday. I get an email a couple hours later saying that they're canceling the interview.

Production Associate Or Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied via Tesla’s website then received an email and it states that they would like to hire me and that they were now having relocation assistance and also about completing a personality assessment via online procedures. Done and passed it. Booked virtual interview schedule. Proceeded with actual virtual interview. Done and nailed it. Next step is to do the pre-employment process. Received also conditional offer letter via email. But unfortunately, when they were about to arrange documents for the pre-employment screening - they did not continue. Why??
    Because, they told me I’m outside the territory of U.S.A. And drug screening, background checking and physical test could not be done and they do not offer also SPONSORSHIP for the said position. What the?. You know what’s funny about the whole process? In my resume, I stated there my location which is outside of U.S.A., so i’m thinking that they read it and they already knew it before I was able to reach the pre-employment processing. And also, the interviewer asked me about the time difference between the country which I’m staying as of now and the U.S.A. So, it means to say, he also knew that I’m not living in U.S.A. In the email, they also stated there, that if I can come to U.S.A within’ 2weeks, then they may continue the pre-employment process. (As if it is easy to arrange, do the process and get visa within that span of time specifically if your an Asian and haven’t been to U.S.A ever since). In short, they’ve WASTED my time and they’ve just let me hope for nothing! It’s like them saying, you’re already hired but not really hired. I hope the recruiting team should study their applicants well before letting them complete the whole application process. You might end up WASTING another person’s time! And also, don’t just hire for the sake of hiring people. Study and pay attention to your applicants!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla in April 2018.

Interview

I had 2 phone screenings. They got back to me after a week for an online technical test. It was challenging, but if you know how to code, no problem.
    They scheduled another technical phone interview after a week. The interviewer asked a lot of questions about my job. After 2 days they told me I didn't get the job.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I was told to come in a week later when I got their the plant had issues and was told to reschedule with was 2weeks later when I got inside he didn't know what to ask then ask tell me about yourself before I got to the main part he stopped me

Interview Questions

• Can I deal with conflict? Because it would be a lot of it .   1 Answer
    • He asked me about Care giving which I told him I was once a cook whom dealt with a lot of conflict being the head in charged.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla in April 2018.

Interview

Very smooth. Very helpful HR. I had applied online on their website, and got an email from HR.
    Had to give one online test based on C. Simple questions related to C, constructs that are commonly used in firmware development, bit manipulation, structures, state machine, functions, pointers etc.
    Then a phone interview was scheduled with my manager.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

We were interviewed 1:1 . My interviewee was very nice. I told him i was feeling so nervous and he tried to calm me down lol. He started with a simple question Tell me something about yourself- with a smile on his face. So i pulled myself together and started talking. It’s not that hard. They have like series of question they have to ask to test if you really fit in the company,

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Tesla?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something about yourself and your job experiences.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Sparks, NV) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen, Phone interview, On site Interview with 30 min technical presentation to a board of 8 engineers. Was about an 8 hour interview. Plant tour. It was something i have never done. Lots of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Many Technical questions, Mostly about plant objectives and OOE   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Very laid back, it was taking more than 3 weeks to do interview. Came to store on time, however wait for more than 30 mins for manager and associate manager. The whole processing experience is negative and will not consider to buy their products as well.

Interview Questions

• Group interview, ask youself, hobby, best shopping or eating experiences...   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Washington, DC) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward. 2 phone interviews and one in person at the store/gallery I would be working at. Phone interview with recruiter and in person with the store manager & 1 of the 2 owner advisors at the store. I accepted the offer and worked there for over a year.
    The interview process was easy and well done... but the job and company are terrible to the sales employees once hired. They fire sales people a lot for no reason, they will demand a lot of you and pay you the same as someone who works at a shoe store, and recently they closed my entire store just to open it back up a few weeks later and try to hire everyone back. I love the mission of the company but how they treat their sales staff is unethical and unacceptable. Cool company if your a systems engineer, but this is a terrible job for someone in sales unless you enjoy being treated like trash.