Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

1,383 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

I applied on the company website. Basic information and work history. I received a phone call from a recruiter two days later . He set me up for a phone interview for the very next day.

Thermal Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

The interviews had two rounds. The first round is a general discussion about the background with the engineer. After the first round, I got moved to the second round which was a 1-hour interview with the team (the engineer interviewed me the first round, another current intern, two staff engineers). I had 30 minutes to present my past project and 10 minutes of questions. Lastly, they asked me several basic questions about fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and heat transfer. Basically, if you did well in your engineering classes in school, those questions were fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Basic fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and heat transfer questions.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

i applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview due to covid. interview lasted only about 15 to 20 minutes with pretty simple general interview questions. I only remember 1 from the interview listed below but other questions were pretty easy. I think they also asked why I wanted to work for tesla too. It took a while for them to get back to me because of the shutdown but they eventually called and gave me an offer.

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

terrible. the interviewer was rude. i would never interview at this company again. the interviewer tried her hardest to ask questions the very disrespectful. Don't waste your time with this company.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Quick call with HR,
    you would be given SQL codility test,
    Call with Hiring Manager mostly on SQl and your experience,
    Onsite 4 rounds, would concentrate more on debugging, scenario based questions, whiteboard coding.

Interview Questions

• SQL-Joins, question regarding indexes   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me followed by call with hiring manager and 2 phone screens with coding in an editor which went "very well!" according to feedback, then onsite. Interviewed for a more junior position. For the onsite, you will have to prepare a power point presentation on some technical achievement or project that solves a critical problem. If you aren't the type of person to do side projects or if you can't quickly whip up something impressive, just quit here and save your time. Apparently it's also a code review, which wasn't explicitly revealed to me, and my presentation was torn to shreds in a way that I personally thought was leaning toward unprofessional and, quite frankly, unkind. There's a way to criticize someone's work without interrupting them and making the room awkward. So if you share any code, make sure it's perfectly optimized. Better yet, just be perfect. I'd say this was overall a time-consuming process that requires a lot of at-home preparation. I left Tesla feeling pretty defeated and like our values didn't align. Otherwise, I'd say it's a fair process if you're the type of person who immerses them-self in projects or are one of those Tesla/Elon fangirl/boy types; that's probably who they want to hire anyway.

Interview Questions

• Phone screens and on-sites were DS/Algo Leetcode easy-mediums. Nothing "crazy" or tricky. If you've been on the typical study grind, you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    • Why Tesla? Why this team?   Answer Question
    • System design question. I think reading up on this if you're entry-level is the best you can do.   Answer Question

Interview

Skype interview. It was very laid back. I was with two managers. They asked the typical questions that you would expect. I was out of state, and they were totally fine with the skype interview.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Few emails with HR. And then a coding challenge in C was given. It is kinda tedious and requires you to finish in 2 hours. After a few weeks(During holiday season), a 1-on1 interview was given.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesla in February 2020.

Interview

I applied two months before first being contacted by an HR representative. She asked for additional materials and available interview times. Someone from my potential team interviewed me. I was then in contact with HR while my team based on my information to the exec team. I was extended an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied for the Software Engineer (Front-end) position in November 2019. The recruiting HR reached out to me in the first week of December. I was asked to attempt a coding assessment. After that, radio silence for almost a month. I reached out to the HR in the first week of January 2020 and they set up a phone interview with a potential team member. After the interview, they invited me over to meet with the team. After a few abrupt delays, they flew me to California in the third week of February 2020.

It's been over a month, there has been absolutely no communication from the HR. They aren't even replying to my emails. I understand that there might be a slow down in various processes due to COVID-19 but I was hoping to get any kind of update.