Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tesla

1,383 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Tesla in February 2020.

Interview

One technical phone interview that was supposed to be followed up by the director but they were busy. 45 minute technical interview, 3 hours waiting for the director to not show up.

Interview Questions

• I have a Tesla Model S lifted off the ground with the wheels spinning 40 mph. When I drop it on the ground what happens?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (San Francisco, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

0. applied online
    1. HR reached out to me
    2. Talked to the team manager - general behavioural questions and my past experience.
    3. Offline assignment - easy level.
    4. One hr technical phone screen - medium level algorithm

I have to say it wasn't the best interview experience I have. The interviewer was about 10mins late with no apologies, very low energy and distracted throughout the interview, normally at the end of the interview, interviewee gets to ask some questions about the team/company, but he didn't even bother to let me ask any questions and ended the interview. He might just have a bad day or it was just toward the end of a busy day or even the interviewee isn't what he is looking for, still, he should show some professionalism.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a brief HR interview, Brief introduction and expectation for Job, then talk about why do you like Tesla, are you willing to relocate, are you willing to work overtime, etc

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Interview

I was sent an email and asked to pick the time I was available to interview. I chose Tuesday as I work on Wednesdays. The next afternoon I get a voicemail that I was invited to interview but only on Wednesday. I called back on my break an hour or so later and left a voicemail. The recruiter didn’t bother to return either of my calls about scheduling. It seems they don’t choose candidates they really want to interview they call everyone who qualifies and schedules whoever answers first! It’s irrelevant who is the best fit for the job.

Global Supply Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla in February 2020.

Interview

Contacted by HR and informed that 2 different teams are interested in me. Then HR said the interview would be organized with one team first, if it doesn't work out, the second team will interview me. When having phone interview with hiring manager. I was told that they need a people with experience of certain commodity, and asked me very detailed commodity specific questions which I can in no way answer 100% when I haven't work with it. After the interview there is no feedback at all. I know I was not selected by seeing another people update his position on LinkedIn. Then the second team interview is also not scheduled. Never heard anything from Tesla after that. Very unprofessional and chaos.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2020.

Interview

They called and did a brief phone interview and then requested a face to face interview. The interviewer seemed like he was new to the automotive world and seemed unsure of himself.

Interview Questions

• What is something you didn’t like about your last job?   Answer Question

Part Time Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I was emailed a week before interview. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. They did a group style interview with 2 interviewers at each table. At my table I had 2 leads who worked pack and drive unit. I was also a lead at Tesla wanting to come back. They are bringing back alot of people who left for whatever reason. The hiring coordinator said they would get back to us this week and I still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• why do you feel you would be a good fit to work at Tesla?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

I've been interviewing for different 3 teams, and they've all been through engineering managers that happened to get my resume; the only time I've been reached out to by HR for a full-time position that I am not currently searching for. I've enjoyed phone calls and what people have to say about the company and their work but was startled at one's technical questions in a video interview that they were late for, leaving me with a feeling of being rushed to answer and no questions.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want this role? Why Tesla?   1 Answer

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process started off with an HR call followed by a phone interview with the Manager. After you clear that, then they will call for an onsite interview which has 4 technical rounds. All the interviewers were really good and supportive. No doubt that Tesla is one of the leading tech companies in the world.

Power Electronics Interview

Interview

Applied through employee referral. got a call in one week.It was cool. Felt like we had a discussion about my research experience and technical knowledge. I was also asked about the projects which interest me in general to decide where i would fit the best. I felt very positive during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe my role in the projects listed in my resume...   Answer Question