Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,383 Interview Reviews

2.9

HR Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Chicago, IL) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process is very efficient and organized. I am deeply impressed by their efficiency and committee to work. I can feel the passion from interviewers in each round.

Energy Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and seemed enthusiastic about recommending me for the role. Within a week I had a phone interview with the Manager (who'd be my boss). I was then given a case study the following week. The phone interviews were quick and to the point. Very little chit-chat or pleasantries, which I fond odd. The following day the recruiter said that I was selected for an onsite interview, but was still scheduling the day and time. This took more than 2 weeks to arrange. The onsite interviews consisted of 5 or 6 interviews 30-60mins a piece. Half of the interviewers focused on case questions and half on behavioral. The case questions were poorly constructed. At one point I was asked if I brought a computer with me....(seriously? Mention it in before the interview). They never got back to me after completing like 8 rounds of interviews. I felt that was very reflective of the Tesla work culture. Work your people like slaves and skip the personal relationships. In hindsight, I am glad I did not get this offer.

Internship Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me a couple days after I applied and asked to confirm the team I was interested in. I had a single phone interview with the team lead, after which I got an offer.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla in December 2019.

Interview

I applied through Tesla's website and then in a week or two received an invite for a phone interview. The phone interview went well, the recruiter seemed to be engaged. At the end of the call, she told me that she will get back to me by the end of the week. I did not receive any communication so I sent a follow-up email. The recruiter replied with a nice note that they choose someone else.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Basic with a little hands on it was fairly easy and asked questions that basically let me known what the job will be like . Hope I get a call back soon

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA).

Interview

I had a standard first interview by phone with a recruiter. I moved on to the next round and spoke with 6 other employees, some by phone and some by video. I then had a phone call with the hiring manager. After that I was flown to Fremont to interview in person. The hiring manager was there but we didn’t have a conversation. I interviewed with 3 other people. About a week letter I received a form email from “Tesla Recruiting” (not from the recruiter I’d been working with for weeks) saying I was not selected. It was one of the strangest interview processes I’ve gone though. I interviewed with over 10 people over 5-6 weeks, I had positive feedback throughout the process, but then after an informal in person meeting I was rejected. I must have done or said something in person but was given no feedback or reasoning and was told that it wouldn’t be fair to provide feedback.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA).

Interview

It takes about 1-2 months for the whole process.. you will need to do character test, drug test, background check, after you're clear, you will asked to attend orientation for 3 days before employment.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Tesla   1 Answer

Technician Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Reno, NV).

Interview

Had a phone call with a recruiter and then had a group of supervisors, it took about a week apart from interview to interview then within a couple weeks got the offer letter.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

The phone interview was a little underwhelming. I was expecting the recruiters to be more enthusiastic about the role and company - instead, it was very standard and straightforward which is fine. However, I was expecting more from one of the most popular and innovative tech companies at the moment,

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Background: 4 Years of experience as Software Engineer

First round: Recruiter call for 30 minutes discussing my background and my expectations from next role.

Codility: Was given online assessment containing 2 programming questions and 1 sql question.

After test, recruiter contacted me in couple days asking me that they want to move forward. But then I was handed off to another recruiter who works for team in Seattle. I was asked to come onsite in Fremont with some video interviews with folks in Seattle.

Onsite consisted of 5 rounds:

Chat with PM -> team fit style questions
    Lunch interview
    tech round -> data modelling question
    chat with manager -> team fit style questions
    tech round -> interviewer was in no mood for interview. He was really tired. Asked me some simple string manipulation question for the sake of it. Finished interview 15 minutes before scheduled. At that point itself I knew I am not getting this job.
    I cannot share any specific questions due to NDA. But overall, it was not a very difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Codility assessment:

Minimum number of characters to delete from a string so that each character appears unique number of times. Note: You can delete all occurances of characters.
      eg: "aaaabbbb" -> 1 "a" or 1"b" would make "a" and "b" appear unique number of times.

Given number in binary form, if its even -> you can divide it by 2; if its odd -> you can substract 1 from it. You can repeat above steps as many times as you want to reach 0. How many steps it took to reach zero?

SQL question to select records from two tables using joins etc.   Answer Question