Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,384 Interview Reviews

2.9

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tesla (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

phone call inter a few basic questions and information regarding resume and my work experience
     as well. the questions very basic but they were going in deep and expect everything I wrote in my resume.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process took 5+ weeks. A recruiter reached out on LinkedIn, an initial phone screen with the recruiter, hiring manager, and then an on-site interview. The interviews were not bad at all as they were informal and conversational in nature, with standard behavioral questions asked. The interviewers provided me an adequate amount of time to ask questions as well. I heard back within a few days after the on-site interview. Overall, a positive candidate experience.

PV Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla in October 2019.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with a recruiter, then was called back to do an interview with the hiring bosses. This was about 30 min. of drilling me with questions of problem solving, PV related and not. They just wanted to get a feel for how I think through problems. The interview was an hour long. I was offered the job the following few days.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the pitch that one should place a solar panel in any given area of the US?   1 Answer

Tesla Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla in October 2019.

Interview

I found out about a recruiting mixer hosted by the company at one of their service centers via Linkedin. After securing an invite I attended the mixer and got to meet with several people from the company in my area. I'm pretty enthusiastic about the brand and sustainability in general so in pretty short order I was able to secure an in-person interview. I'd say that I'm a pretty adept at networking, including follow ups and thank you emails. My interview went well, but the managers I interviewed with probably had concerns about my interest in working and staying in the position that I was interviewing for. Despite thank you and follow up emails from me they proceeded to ghost me, which...should be expected from a company that is as honest as Tesla is about how fast paced (and at times chaotic) things can be. Not sure that's an excuse for a total lack of professional courtesy but...when a company has the interest of the public, like Tesla, these kinds of stories don't deter applicants.

Interview Questions

• Why Tesla?   1 Answer
    • How do you go about securing clients in the work you do?   Answer Question
    • Are you capable of operating without much supervision? Describe a situation where you had to handle things yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tesla is a fast paced company with many changes happening with little notice. How do you handle pressure and stress at work?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Reno, NV).

Interview

2 Phone interviews, then onsite in person interview with a panel of 4, one of them was a presentation. Nothing terribly difficult, wanted examples of times when ...... fill in blank. Came from food industry so not a soul understood my examples minus dealing with people

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in person with about 7 people for about 30 min each. Did a writing sample before the in person. Few days after in person they ask for 2-3 references. Spoke with 2 of the 3 and both gave great reviews (I wouldn’t suggest them if they weren’t going to be positive). Then, in a move I’ve never seen before, they went a different direction. I mean. I get it, but why call references if you aren’t 100%? Ridiculously embarrassing for me.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, got call from recruiter, setup interview - interviewed over phone with hiring manager in a week. Manager was really decent and helpful. Interview took around 1 hour with some basic coding exercises.

RMA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

-Tesla recruiter based out of Denver reached out to me on LinkedIn about a role with Tesla on the Energy Finance team, for which they did not have a job title, or job description yet. (responded via LinkedIn Messenger)
    -One week later, phone screening setup with recruiter (30 minutes)
    -Two weeks later, phone screening setup with hiring manager (30 minutes) Still no detailed job title or description that could be provided. High level was that it was an RMA role.
    -Two weeks later, setup an excel tech screening with a member of the Energy Finance team. Extremely basic excel skills required to complete the screening, and a few business related questions as to what you thought about the outcome of the numbers.
    -Three weeks later Tesla offered to fly me out to CA and this is where the entire process got worse, and more unprofessional and unorganized than it already was.
    The HR team member asked for my availability for the next week, which I replied, but she did not reply in that week so the availability was then pointless. We did the same thing again, and she sent me a document to get my travel information.
    The document asked when I would like to travel, my preferred airline and rewards account number which I provided with specific flight numbers(they chose a different airline) , my preferred rental car service and rewards number(once again they chose a different company), and my preferred hotel and rewards number(again, they chose a different company).
    I was informed that they would pay for the flight, but I would be responsible for the rental car and hotel and they would reimburse through Concur. (I got reimbursed 11 weeks after the trip).
    The interview process was a very easy series of 30 minute 1/1 interviews with 6 different people. 1 of which arrived 15 minutes late, and 1 of which went to the wrong office so we did a video chat.
    After the interview there were thank you emails between me and the hiring manger, but then I did not hear anything for two weeks. I then followed up with the hiring manager, and a member of the HR team replied stating they were still looking at additional candidates and that they would respond shorty. That was 3 months ago.
    I ignored a lot of advice from former Tesla employees not to take a job with the company, and I got a small taste of what they may have experienced.

Interview Questions

• Draw a diagram of the future state of Tesla RMAs   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (San Jose, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

The process starts with a phone screening interview and once that is completed a full day interview with the team is conducted. A presentation is also part of the interview process. Straightforward interview in the main office.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with recruiter, mostly told me about the role and asked me to tell him about myself and my experience.

Second interview was a phone interview with someone from the team, similar questions as HR.

Third interview was onsite with a few different Tesla employees. Each interviewer focused on a different skillset required for the role, which I had no experience in. Unfortunately, none of the skillsets they interviewed me about were on the job posting or mentioned by either of the people I spoke to beforehand. If they had brought it up, it would have saved everyone time and I wouldn't have gone onsite. The interviewers seemed new to both Tesla and the interviewing process.