Tesla Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA).

Interview

3 rounds
1st is a behavioral phone screen to match you with specific teams
The next two rounds are fairly technical.
Great emphasis is laid on job related past work experience.
HR is very friendly, interviewers try to make you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I had three telephone interviews. First one with HR, second and third with engineering managers. After the initial screening process I was asked to come to Palo Alto for a full day interview. The interview process was quite rigorous with individual interviews and one final group interview. Lost's of questions on exactly what I was doing in my previous job and why I have to offer Tesla. I was asked why Tesla ? how can I do my job differential at Tesla.

Interview Questions

• We have seen a lot of people like you what makes you different.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

I got two phone interviews and one on sit interview with presentation. the total process was less than two weeks to get an offer. The HR process the offer with a reasonable speed and the process was efficient.

Interview Questions

• presentation and 8+ 1:1 interviews at the same day   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn in December wanting an updated resume. After not hearing for a few months, I sent a couple emails to the recruiter to follow up. She contacted me about this opportunity in March and requested a phone interview. Immediately after the phone interview I was told they wanted to fly me out. A couple weeks later, I interviewed on site in Fremont. I had to give a 20-25 minute presentation about a project I had worked on and "was passionate about". Following the presentation I had about five 30-minute interviews with various members of the team, the team leader, and the division manager. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. I received an offer within the week.

Interview Questions

• What was the least successful project you worked on and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Submit resume online > Phone interview with recruiter > On site interview with hiring manager, VP, director and 2 other engineers.

Interview Questions

• Very technical specific to your skills and experiences. You should be able to talk in detail about everything that you put on your resume. Test your knowledge on SQL. I had to write some queries.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unemployed for quite a long time at that time. So they take advantage of it and I wasn't able to negotiate at all.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

I was an intern. Applied internally to the position. Two Phone screen interviews, on-site panel interviews. Candidates also have to present a project to the panel which would demonstrate their technical prowess. Offer was given in 2 weeks. Entire process took 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your previous Fixture Design Experience?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

3 phone interviews, highly technical, no behavioral questions. The interviewers called on time and were very nice to talk to. They asked a lot about Tesla culture and how you fit into it.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn, explaining a job opportunity at the Gigafactory.
    After emailing them my resume, the in-house recruiter got back to me in a day and set up a screening phone call.
    Then she passed my resume on to the hiring manager of the team I would be applying for.
    The original recruiter called back the same day to set up a phone interview between me and that hiring manager.
    After that interview, I was passed onto another team's hiring manager because I expressed interest in another closely related job.
    They seem to move very quickly and are very polite.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what interests you about this job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesla (Sparks, NV) in June 2018.

Interview

At first there was a phone interview with a Sr. Design Engineer that worked for the manufacturing group. After that, an on-site, 25 minute presentation of a project I worked on was required. This was followed by a batch interview. 6 back to back 30 minute interviews with various roles on manufacturing teams.

Interview Questions

• Example of a technical question: how would you autonomously place one precision ground 50mm by 50mm block on top of another such that they line up within a tolerance of 100 microns?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Sparks, NV) in May 2018.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen to see if I was still interested in the position followed by an hour long manufacturing manager conversation that briefly went over my resume. A week later I was invited onsite to interview with 8 managers and present a 30 minute project I completed. It was overall a great experience. The workplace has an overwhelming amount of staff. I was notified two weeks later they found another candidate but could hire in the next 6 months to a year if the business changes. Most managers quoted they worked 12 hour days everyday for weeks straight. They quoted 40 work weeks are dead and this is the new norm. I suppose when you make at least $108K year it's worth it? Overall it was a challenging interview with very smart and likable managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Tesla? What do you know about automation? A lot of questions off my resume or from the presentation.   Answer Question