Tesla Motors Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Motors Human Resources Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tesla Motors (Phila, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Screening then interview with Hr representative then interview with team member then another interview with the manager and the team member. Everything was over the phone and most of the interviewers seemed unorganized and always dialed in late.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla Motors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla Motors (Fremont, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the role and reached out to the recruiter expressing interest. The recruiter scheduled a call with me to gauge past experience and current interest in the roles available. The conversation was great and the recruiter seemed refreshingly candid. At the end of the phone interview, he let me know next steps would be speaking with a business partner and provided her name. He asked me to complete a 40 minute talent assessment, and then to send him an email confirming completion and my availability for the rest of the week so he could schedule the 2nd phone interview.

I proceeded as instructed, but then - silence. After 2 email follow-ups after the initial confirmation note I sent over a span of about 2 weeks, I received a rejection notice. It was well written with an offer to speak live in regards to feedback, so I welcomed the offer. However, when I requested to take Tesla up on it, I received a 2nd/duplicate rejection note. I realize the 2nd note may have been automated and/or unintentional, but it was still an 'ouch' moment. Receiving 2 rejection notes in one day is not fun.

It seems that perhaps I did not pass the talent assessment, which is completely fine, albeit the weight put on the assessment is surprising. The initial phone interviews should not be scheduled until the candidate completes the assessment to save everyone's time, respectively.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience and what you did at each company.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla Motors in February 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews with Tesla. The first was a screening with a recruiter. Very helpful and knowledgable about the open positions in the human resources department. The recruiter did a great job to not only understand my skills but correlate them to open positions. Further, the recruiter went out of their way to provide me with all of the materials I needed for my phone interview. I then had a phone interview with someone in the same position that I would be working in if I received an offer. Interview was in the late afternoon at the end of the week. The employee questioned me like I was in court, no personality and mentioned 2-3 times how she was "burned out" and has "no social life." Even though I had the best interview of my life, I was not passed along to the next step. Maybe it might be considered to remove that employee from future interviews??

Interview Questions

• Questions pertaining to experience with HRIS and self service portals. Pretty straight forward. However, I found myself having to repeat multiple answers because the interviewer was not remembering what I had said or was not taking notes.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

1. Phone screening
    2. Onsite interview that consisted of multiple one-on-one meetings. A few of the interviewers seemed disengaged and very ill prepared. Meaningful questions were lacking (now I realize it is because they have become lazy interviewers who rely on Gallup results)
    3. Received positive feedback from interviewers (despite me having significant doubts about my desire to work there based on the interview experience and unorganized/disengaged vibe)
    4. Invited to Gallup behavioral interview
    5. Did not receive offer. It was fun to see the facility and I met some nice people, but was honestly relieved to not have received an offer

I think Tesla's HR team is far too reliant on the Gallup results. If they want to hire for "fit" and use Gallup, that is great, but in the meantime, improve your candidate experience! Candidates have options and are interviewing you too - at least try to make a good impression. Why not do the Gallup interview first and then you have your answer?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at Tesla - there were no hardballs and the questions were very redundant between interviewers.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla Motors.

Interview

I applied online through our campus job board. She followed up 2 days later. She scheduled a phone interview the following week. She was 5 minutes late to our phone call. During our phone screening, she asked about my previous experiences, responsibilities and projects. After speaking about it, she said I was too technical for the HR internship. She said that I'm not what their looking for.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesla Motors in March 2015.

Interview

It went really well. the first interview, which was phone interview, took 45 mins and the interviewer sounded really appreciative of what i was talking about and was also active in talking. The interviewer wanted me to go through my CV on education and work experience part. 1 week after that i got an invitation for the next interview, which is face-to-face in their UK office.

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla Motors in January 2012.

Interview

The recruiters were nice but were very disorganized. The phone interview went fine and I went into the in person interviews very excited. Once I got there I noticed that they had a very open layout (which was nice) and the culture was laid back (another plus). But then I got into the conference room where my interviews were being held it went downhill. My interviewers were very rude and very demeaning. They gave off a vibe of superiority; as if I should have been so honored to be even invited onsite. I was interviewing with other companies and the time and took an offer somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Tesla?   1 Answer