Tesla Owner Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Owner Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

2.3

Owner Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla in July 2015.

Interview

Exciting! Met with a lot of great face of Tesla through the process. Met in the showroom, at a conference table in the back with the store manager. Also met with an OA. Super friendly!

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable on the sales floor in a retail environment?

Sales experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla

Owner Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesla in February 2016.

Interview

Very short, and a bit unprofessional.

I had a pleasant enough experience with the recruiter in California. When I reached the store manager in Texas via video chat it was clear from the first second she already had a decision in mind. The entire interview lasted less than 5 minutes, and thats only because I asked questions. She had a total of three questions for me before indicating she was finished with the interview.

Based on my experience with the store leadership, I wouldn't have accepted a offer from Tesla (not that one was extended). The process left a sour taste in my mouth about Tesla in general.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview with the store manager, fairly fun process. Manager was very nice and asked great questions. Very fun process and felt welcomed by everyone in the store. Went in to learn about the company first before the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The only way to get an interview is to go through a recruiter first and it helps to know someone. You will go through about 4 interviews which are very spaced out. Very slow process and doesn’t seem organized.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my retail experience and what I have done.   1 Answer

Owner Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Simple process of speaking with the store manager and then, if approved, speaking with the Regional Sales Mgr. The store mgr was focused on sales experience and expertise about the products and specifically looking for a good personality fit with the rest of the team. The RSM was only concerned with which hours you were willing to work and whether you had retail experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work retail hours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. Everyone in a given geography and role makes the same amount of base pay. The rest is up to you to perform.

Owner Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy - one interview with the district manager regarding prior experience and overall contribution to prior firm. They hosted one more informal interview, then extended a job offer. The position is very high turnover and there is limited training which was not made clear at the start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes early only to wait until 10 min after to be seen late. My interview was slotted for a half an hour. The questions were simple but I was mislead. I was told that I would be interviewing with 2 not 3 people. Probably should've walked out when they were late but I figured I would give them a chance. My interview was abruptly cut short by 10 min and one interviewer in particular was rude and cold. You dont whisper behind someones back when they are still in ears range walking out. Super unprofessional and disturbing. Luckily I am coming in with a job, a great life and family. I shudder to think how someone down on their luck or dealing with a recent tragedy would have felt walking out. For shame. A total waste of my precious time.

Interview Questions

• How would you make your past management experience work with Tesla to ensure you are successful in your role.   Answer Question

Owner Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla in July 2018.

Interview

Typical phone interview to go over past experiences etc. once you are picked to move onto a second interview, you are sent an NDA, and a link to reserve a time for an on-site interview. I showed up early to the interview and it didn’t seem as though the manager was prepared to speak with me. They finally were ready 20 minutes after my initial meeting was supposed to start. After a few minutes in the second interview, I was told by the manager that I was speaking to that they were brand new and had no previous experience in the automotive industry. They also told me that they weren’t sure what they were even looking for in a candidate. We went over salary and commissions, which was WAY LOWER than market average for “Luxury” brands, despite my nearly 8 years of experience, including experience in Automotive and tech industries. I was cut off and ignored for most of the interview as the person interviewing me was reading from a notebook and not listening to what I was saying. Felt like this interview was a total waste of time. Got an email a couple days later that they were going a different direction. If you’re looking for a rewarding career, I’d look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with clients who are looking for a luxury experience and have money to spend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesla (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Just starting the interview process. Met with Manager from referral. Asked a lot of questions regarding prior employment. Asked Why Tesla. Talked about the vision of Elon Musk. Talked about work ethic. Was told I will be recommended for next steps and I excepted to move on to next steps. Very exciting.