Tesla Product Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Product Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Long process, and thorough in looking for someone with not just the skills but ESPECIALLY the costumer facing experience MINUS the pushy sleezy sales person.
4 step interview: Phone with recruiter, Skype with Regional Sales Manager, Face to Face interview with 2 different store location. They will ask you the same questions however, they want to see which location you fit best (not age biased but simply attitude and maturity).

Interview Questions

• I'm a potential costumer in the market looking at the Tesla for the first time, I've owned Porsche for years. Why would you recommend the Model S, aside from the obvious gas savings?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - company was expanding and changing rather quickly

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Woodland Hills, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was notified that they would like to schedule a phone interview with me.

1st Round - Phone Interview with recruiter, general questions about me, strengths, why I want to work for Tesla

2nd Round - In-store with store manager, asking same variety questions. They are looking for a good fit with the culture and family atmosphere of the store and company.

3rdish Round - Was also interviewed on the same day by the RSM, asked the basics again, had much less feedback from them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Tesla?
      Tell me a time that you were challenged?
      What is your experience with retail?
      Why Tesla?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had multiple phone interviews with recruiters from Headquarters. I got their contact information from another recruiter who reached out to me on LinkedIn years prior. I then had two in person interviews with the Sales Manager and an Owner Advisor back-to-back. Then I had a final interview on the phone with the Regional Director.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that isn't on your resume. What do you do outside of school and your professional life?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR, then in person interview with two Owner Advisors in store, followed by a phone interview with Regional Manager. Lots was accomplished in a short amount of time, went really quick and efficiently until background check (took a long time, 2ish weeks). Overall the interview was really nice, they wanted to see your passion for the company and electric vehicles, facts are easy to teach passion is not.

Interview Questions

• What you like about the company? Favorite aspect of the car? Wanted to see your passion.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Sarasota, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was lengthy but simple. It was almost exactly the same as other before me have stated. I applied online and about a month later they called me it started with an email from a recruiter then we planned a phone chat to go over the role and to get some additional information from me. After that she set up an interview the next day to talk to the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Why tesla. What are you passionate about. What do you do.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Interview

Gave my resume at a career fair. Heard back fairly quickly via email, and they wanted to set up a phone interview, in about a week's time. They called on time, asked a few, normal, behavioral questions, then said they would contact me later. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have excelled at communication, and how you could apply this to the job with tesla   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a Skype interview, wasn't terribly long. About twenty minutes actually. Not intimidating or too nerve racking but you could definitely feel the stress of needing to perform well.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge toy faced in a previous job and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied by emailing my resume and CV after seeing a post on the Student Center Facebook page. About a week later, I got an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was short and made sure I was enthusiastic and excited about the company. The interviewer then forwarded my information to a store manager in Los Angeles. I emailed the next week after not hearing anything, but the position had been filled. Later that day, she emailed saying there was another opening at another location. An interview was then scheduled with that store manager. The manager was nice and polite. He knew everything there was to know about the car and company. But he was looking for someone else with more long term availability and sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Tesla?
      What's your availability?
      What are your long-term plans?
      Because I'm studying to be an engineer, the store manager asked about what kind of engine and battery the Model S has and how they worked.
      The manger also asked what I knew about Elon Musk and what else he did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called by an Owner Advisor to have an interview with the Store Manager. Told not to dress too formal so I wore khaki pants and a short sleeve, tucked button up with no tie. The interview took about 45 minutes and I talked to both the Manager and the OA. They asked fairly similar questions so they seemed a bit unprepared. We sat outside the gallery at a café table where people could hear me talk, which was a bit awkward.

Nine days later I was called to come in the next day and interview with the Regional Manager who happened to be in town. Was told to dress more formal this time, so I wore a long sleeve dress shirt with a tie. Same khaki pants. He seemed busy and didn't review my resumé so I just gave him a brief summary and he asked me a couple simple questions. Lasted about 20 minutes and we interviewed in the same place I did previously.

That day I received an email from an HR recruiting intern to set up a phone interview with a recruiter and fill out info for a backgroud check. Three days later she called and asked me the most simple of interview questions and said she was able to offer me a job. Took 20 minutes.

Everyone I spoke to was genuinely enjoyable to speak with, and I didn't feel as much pressure as I thought I might with the regional.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Tesla?
      Can you a remember a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Are you familiar with the Product Specialist role? Do you know what you'll be doing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Paramus, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

-phone interview with recruiter (super easy)
    -in-person interview at store (little more technical & will ask availability and stuff)
    -phone interview with VP of sales (technical, want to make sure you know what you're talking about)

-if all 3 interviews go well, then you will submit a writing sample for executive review; then you will find out if you got the job!

Interview Questions

• -Why Tesla? ****
      -Give us a time you've overcame adversity and how would you used that same tactic selling an e-electric vehicle?
      -What do you know about Tesla Motors?
      -Why should Tesla hire you? What separates you from other candidates?
      -Please explain how you would describe something technical to someone who is not so technical.   Answer Question