Tesla Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA).

Interview

It was quite a long but fairly straight forward process. All in all a mix of phone/video/in person interviews. It was a mix of recruiters/employees interviewing and meeting. Interviewers were approachable and friendly--their excitement about their jobs was really nice to hear.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Reno, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule the first interview. The initial emails were highly unorganized for a recruiter recruiting another recruiter... The gentleman went back and forth asking for additional times I would be available rather than providing a few days and times that he was available. This continued over the weekend as every possible date and time I provided did not work for him.

We finally got on the phone Monday morning. The actual interview was awkward and unorganized. Towards the end, the position sounded interesting and my qualifications fit well so he pushed me to the next phase. I figured I'd try one more interview and see if I liked the position after speaking with the direct manager.
    I was highly unimpressed on the second phone interview with the direct manager. First of all, she was on her cell phone using speakerphone so I could barely hear her. Her voice and questions were extremely lackluster. When I asked about the culture of her team, she spoke on Tesla's culture, not her team's. Even so, she sounded very unamused with her job with each word she spoke. The lack of passion in her voice made me lose interest almost immediately.

I was really surprised how average, or frankly below average, their recruiters were in their email and verbal communication. They referred to themselves as a start-up company which baffles me as they have over 40,000 employees worldwide and have been working in the US for almost a decade. I definitely expected a company such as Tesla to have all star recruiters and a more organized screening process.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Phone Screen and On-site. Super quick process with great communication from my recruiter and the hiring manager. Phone screen was a high level overview of background and why Tesla? During the onsite I had the opportunity to meet with the other recruiters on the team and RC’s that support them. Process was less than a month and great overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview started off with a basic phone screen regarding my experiences. Pretty standard questions including why I want to leave my current position and why I want to join Tesla specifically.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite placement and why?
      How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I first applied to Tesla over a year ago and was contacted for an initial phone screen. The call was a pretty basic initial screen and the recruiter told me to follow up if I was interested in continuing. I sent an email that night but didn't hear back. Followed up again about a week later and was told they weren't going to be able to move forward with me at that time. Fast forward to 6 months later, the same recruiter reaches out to me and asks to talk again. We have an initial call but this time I wasn't ready to move forward as I'd recently started a new position. Another 6 months pass and I'm contacted again by the same recruiter. I decide to move forward this time and am passed along to another person on the recruiting team. It was another basic call but it went well and another phone screen was scheduled a week later. This screen was much more in depth and I was asked a lot of questions about the types of positions I've recruited for and the volume of candidates I'm used to working with. I followed up after this call more than once but never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• What type of technical experience are you screening for? Be specific. How do you talk to a candidate about a technology you personally have never used?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

3+ months but well worth it. The recruiting team made sure that I met with all the key players and my potential teammates before an offer was made to ensure that it was a mutual fit. They initially contacted me for an exploratory position where I interviewed with a lead recruiter and associate recruiter, then a month later a permanent placement position opened up and they contacted me to gauge my interest. Who would ever say NO?

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

I had 3 phone screens with Recruiting managers who quizzed me on a myriad of technical items

Interview Questions

• having to do real time boolean searches for a position I had never worked on before with limited technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

short and easy

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Reno, NV).

Interview

2 phone screens, next step is onsite interview normally 4 hours long meeting with different team members. Normally meet two at a time, focusing on team behavioral questions and personal metrics.

Interview Questions

• Why Tesla?

Metric based questions along with behavioral questions. Centered around team goals as well as personal metrics. What innovative ways can you find new talent? What volume of recruiting suits you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Cambria, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I received an email from one of their recruiters to schedule a phone interview/screen with him. During the call, she was very professional and even impersonal. After I provided an answer, she said nothing and went right to the next question. After she asked the last question, she told me what to expect with the next steps and thanked me and said goodbye.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palma (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Palma (Spain)).

Interview

Nice and simple recruitment process, nothing too sophisticated but easy going and well coordinated. The recruitment managers were very personable and transmitted a lot of passion. Will keep trying to join the Company in the future. 😃