Tesla Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Reno, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying online I didn't hear back for about a week, but once I did everything moved really quickly. I think I had 3 different phone conversations and then was asked to come for an on-site interview within the first few days of them reaching out. The on-site interview lasted about 4 hours and was followed up a few days later by a phone call with the manager, which was followed by a call with one of the recruiters I'd be working with. All of the feedback was positive throughout the process, I was told I was a perfect fit for the position that they were hiring for *immediately*.

After a few days, I got a call from the manager offering me the position and scheduling a call with me first thing the next week to talk compensation. When the call finally happened (it kept getting rescheduled), the manager told me that he no longer could offer me the job, and that his manager said they couldn't add any members to his team at that point in time... Imagine my confusion hearing this after 1. being told they were looking to immediately fill the position 2. getting offered the job by the manager. The phone call concluded with the manager telling me they'd "let me know" when they could bring someone else on, but they couldn't give any sort of timeline. Two months later and multiple follow up emails regarding the status position, I've all but given up on the promise that I would be coming on for this position.

The entire process seemed very haphazard and unorganized and the manager was super unprofessional when all was said and done.

Interview Questions

• What's a stressful situation you've encountered and how did you get through it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via linkedin, we had a quick phone call and he brought me onsite the next week. I was fairly unimpressed during the interview. Standard behavioral questions, but I was asked the same question by 6 different people. Employees of Tesla are very passionate about their work, and the product. They're looking for someone who is just as passionate. The interview did not give me insight on the team culture. The recruiter who spoke with me on the phone completely forgot about our phone conversation, so I had to repeat myself. I felt undervalued as an interviewer and they definitely let the name, Tesla, speak for itself. Two weeks has pass and no answer, I am assuming it was a no.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe an amazing candidate experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Don't expect to hear back from them as to if you didn't get the job and/or why. Very unprofessional to not let in person interviewed candidates know your decision, at the very least.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. Scheduled 2 phone interviews and was invited for an on-site visit. Met with multiple members of the recruiting team. The level of transparency and communication was off the charts and really created an awesome candidate experience. Everyone was passionate about the company's mission and direction which is something that is high on my list.

Interview Questions

• Situational and Behavioral questions based on prior experiences.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesla in April 2015.

Interview

Connected with one of the recruiters online looking for job, he set up a phone interview with me and after the call, he called me that he's gonna write to the recruiter responsible to recommend me for the job. Never heard from the recruiter. But anyway the person that I talked to handled the process well and professionally.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions like tell me your experience, competency, why you are a good fit for the role.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Interview

A smooth process, from the company booking and arranging travel for me to the onsite interview. I enjoyed the panel of interviewers, and that the recruiters always made sure that I had water. I also got to walk around with a recruiter to see a little of the factory and cafe.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

I had a phone interview for a sales position, and it was eventually decided that I was better suited to work in the talent acquisition department. The first interviewer that I spoke with was very professional and kind and answered all of my questions thoroughly.

I was then passed off to the manager of the hiring team for the recruiting coordinator position, and exchanged a few e-mails with him. The original interviewer & the hiring manager really made me feel like I would be a great fit with the company, and that they would definitely be moving forward with the interview process. He eventually passed me on to someone who must have been a recruiter or sourcer.

I exchanged a few e-mails with her, and was waiting to hear back about when she was going to call me for another phone interview. She never responded. I e-mailed back every few days, again with no response. I even e-mailed the original hiring manager to no avail.

I understand that they must have found someone better for the position, but they should at least have had the courtesy to respond to the e-mails of someone who was already interviewed.

It's ironic that I was interviewing for a recruiting position, and their recruiters apparently didn't even know how to do the job correctly.