Tesla Service Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Service Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

10 phone interviews, one face-to-face, long wait time between final interview and offer, impossible to reach corporate HR. Phone interviews were often late with no prior notice. Getting status updates was difficult as it seemed there was a big disconnect between recruiting and management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

the first step is the phone screen, afterwards its the in person interview at the facility, then during the interview process you talk to 2 or 3 different people and you have to describe your experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• why did you want to work for tesla   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

My interview process consisted of 3 interviews. The first was a phone interview with a recruiter. The second was an in person panel interview, and the third was a phone interview with a service manager.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of people that pretty much wanted to gays what kind of person you are. It was very easy and I felt comfortable in knowing that I would receive an offer based off the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked no specific questions, just casual conversation . They just wanted to know more about the things I listed on my resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wexford, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Wexford, PA) in October 2018.

Interview

Multiple phone and in person interviews. Super long wait times between (like over a month). HR and the recruiters are impossible to get a hold of. Every step of the way I was told I was a great candidate and they got great feedback from the people I interviewed with previously.

My last interview was Friday, November 16th, 2018. I was told by the interviewer I would most likely receive an offer and that I would hear from the head recruiter by the following Wednesday. That day came and went, and multiple attempts to reach out to him went unanswered (phone calls and emails). On December 16th, exactly a month later, a recruiter reached out and told me I would be contacted the following week. Once again, no word came through, and all phone calls went ignored

This past week, the first week of January 2019, I was offered a job with a different company. I sent this info over to the Recruiter saying that I would still prefer to work for Tesla but I couldn’t sit on this new offer for too long and got a response within minutes saying only “We still do not have a solid answer at this time”.

If I was not chosen for the job, I’d like to be notified that I wasn’t selected, not led on for months and months at a time with promises of deadlines that come and go.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to create a process to get a job done   Answer Question

Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed, contacted by email by a
    Recruiter to set up phone interview. Had phone interview. Was selected for a in person interview with a panel of interviewers. Interview went well but was a little put off by one of the interviewers who appeared he did not even want to be there. He was slouched over in his chair and had his face resting on his hand like a 2 year old. There were no technical questions and all interpersonal relationship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tesla (Syosset, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Initially I was contacted via email from an internal recruiter and was told that I was a potential fit. The recruiter set up a phone interview with me. The interview took about 30 minutes. At the end of the interview I was told that the next step was an in person interview. I was contacted via email to setup an interview with 2 Service managers, a Service Technician, and a Service Advisor. At the end of this interview I was told that it could be up to a month before I was hired. The next day I was contacted by the recruiter via email and told that I have not been selected at this time to advance further in the recruitment cycle.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a customer that comes back with a problem that you had claimed you fixed?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you admitted that you made a mistake.   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose to work in you current position?   1 Answer
    • Seeing that your most recent education is in Computer Science, why do you want to work for Tesla as a Service Technician?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you learned from your mistake.   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with stressful situations?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a coworker doing something wrong?   1 Answer
    • Are you okay with working long hours?   1 Answer
    • Talk about pros and cons of working with a team and working solo.   1 Answer
    • Talk about the speed in which you work.   1 Answer
    • What if you know that your way is a better way of doing something, but you can not convince this to someone that you are working with?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation in which you saw an opportunity and others saw a challenge.   1 Answer
    • What is Tesla's mission?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Buena Park, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Apply online. Receive notification and employment information from local employment recruiter. Schedule and receive a telephone interview with employment recruiter. Schedule an in-person interview with Service Manager. Execute Interview. Await a fallow up notification and or email.

Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Interviewing process took 2 weeks from phone to onsite with managers. Questions were simple but the only thing one manager was concerned with was my tattoos which were in no way inappropriate. For "service tech" position aka mechanic I would never think tatts would be an issue. The manager explained they deal with high end customers that may feel uncomfortable(I guess meaning they thought my two tattoos would scare off the rich folk). Also found no policy on it with the company. After a week from on site was told although my experience was a great fit and recieved positive feedback, I was not selected. Pretty sure my tatts had a play. No feelings hurt, everything happens for a reason.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, multiple interviews with multiple people. I was there for four hours, talked to three different people - manager, assistant manager, shop foreman. They pick apart your resume, come back to questions asked hours ago, always taking notes.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about how to deal with interpersonal relationships more than tech work related questions.   Answer Question