Tesla Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesla in August 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a senior recruiter with initial phone screen. After passing the phone screen was scheduled to have an in-store interview with the Regional Sales Manager. This was then followed through with several phone screens, HR Director, Senior Marketing Director and Director of Sales. At this point in the process I was told that there would be one more final interview and that was scheduled at the Fremont Factory with the President of Sales and HR Director. Once the interview concluded this was where all contact fell out. Even after being told throughout the process the next steps at the end of each interview there was no contact from either the recruiter nor HR as to next steps beyond the final interview with President of Sales. Highly unprofessional interview process that is long and drawn out for no particular reason. When you as an applicant are spending several months in the interview process as a general rule you should at least receive some contact as to whether you were selected or not. However, it seems this is the norm with Tesla and you are just another applicant to them that once they are done their decision making they don't bother to respond back to your follow up. Not a company that I would want to work for even if an offer was made at this point based on their process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was routine at first, but went well beyond the normal store manager interview. Total of 5 interviews spanning two weeks. Normal interviews with HR, Regional/District Manger, then the process changed a bit from the normal as the Director of Sales and VP of sales both finished off the interview process. Be warned VP of sales is incredibly tough, and not friendly during interview. Poor control of facial expressions, rolled eyes at responses, and cut me short several times when he didnt hear the exact thing he was asking for.

Interview Questions

• How was your experience in the Tesla Store? Make sure you visit right before your interviews since there are many specific questions regarding the store, that i was unprepared for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. Met with her and the Region Manager. Very informal; met at a coffee shop in the mall. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Said they would get back to me, but never did.

Interview Questions

• Usual interview questions: tell us about yourself, what are your job responsibilities, what's a weakness, etc. Got awkward at one point when they began pressing me for information about my current employer. I politely explained that I couldn't go into detail for reasons of confidentiality. They told me that was ok, they can find the information out anyway.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesla (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

It's a very in depth process, including at least five separate interviews. They move quickly though, so it doesn't feel drawn out. You speak with people across the business and learn a lot about the company along the way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I went through several interviews each time I applied for a store manager position. I spoke with recruiting, other store managers, regional managers, and VP of sales. Most interviews were conducted over the phone, although some were done via Skype. Often these internal interviews felt like a formality and that the interviewer was just "going through the motions" with no real interest in determining if you were a good fit, as they typically already knew who they were giving the job to.

Interview Questions

• What were your numbers/stats for last month? How do you plan on increasing numbers? Tell me about a success that you've had in your current position?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Very straightforward and quick pace. Great interaction with every level of interviewer. Convenient and professional throughout the process. Felt like I learned a lot through the process, and it went
    From initial convo
    To offer in 30 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Telephone, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter. She was 20 minutes late for our scheduled call. Very generic process, explained my background, she explained the role, expectations, etc. Recruiter seemed very interested as was I after learning more. She suggested that I go test drive a car so that I could report my experience to the hiring managers and better understand their offer. Stated she would get back to me in the next week to schedule next steps. After I had sent a thank you, I followed up the following week via email and had no answer. Followed up again via phone and recruiter apologized that there hadn't been a follow up on her part and she would do so via email same day. Never heard a thing. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall the questions asked. Very basic, "explain your experience" stuff.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial interview via phone where the job role and expectations were discussed - Followed by several Face to Face Interviews with varying levels of management and Human Resources. Then followed with a Zoom Call with Director.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would run a store?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Mix of telephone, video and face to face interviews plus an online assessment. Positive feedback throughout the process. However whilst waiting on the final telephone interview with the VP based in California there was a sudden change of direction and the process was terminated as i was deemed to be 'over-qualified' for the role. Perhaps something that could have been decided several months previous? A very odd HR process. Recruiter refused to return phone-call. Country Director ignored emails.

Interview Questions

• Why Tesla?
      Have you visited a Tesla store?
      Tell me about a recent challenge? What steps did you take to overcome this challenge?
      How do you manage performance?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla in September 2017.

Interview

First interview with recruiter was a thumbs up, very positive and chill - second was a totally canned interview. I expected more from such an innovative and forward thinking company. The interviewer was 25 minutes late, and left me in the middle of the interview to go deal with an associate. She also said she is never wrong so immediately I thought "yeah this is not someone I want to work for at ALL" - first time I've ever been disillusioned by a company I held in such high esteem. Be better, respect your candidates and their time, and try and get to know them instead of these stupidly inane questions.