Tesla Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

background work history. tesla mission statement and vision.
physical exam. aptitude and technical test.
metric systems.
Fundamental electrical components and testing methods
Back ground education and degree
HR explains different job positions and benefits
7 days- training on safety, health hazard and quality assurance
and other perks - free breakfast, shower, gym, Linda online training and other benefits

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at tesla?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Large group of applicants brought in to test basic measurement skill and attention to direction. Then each applicant interviewed by one of a group of recruiters. If the applicant was then asked to remain at the facility in the lobby they were then interviewed by second recruiter and we're likely hired pending a backgroynd check. The job offer came about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Awful experience. After phone a phone interview I was scheduled to meet in shop. This was the first issue. The recruiter never said when, he just said he'd call me back. Well a week goes by and i get an email saying I'm scheduled for the NEXT DAY! Well guess what, i already had another interview. So to be accommodating i try to make it work, well bad move. Road work caused me to be late, which obviously sets me up for a horrible first impression. I know i'm ultimately responsible, i just wish i knew when the interview was being scheduled so i could've gave myself more than enough time.

As for the interview, well it was maybe the worst ever. I was in this room the size of a closet with 3 other people with laptops on their laps. They all seemed to ask the same 10 questions 5 different ways. They really didn't seem interested either. It was all around an awful experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to dig yourself out of a rut in the shop   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

online application, then call from a recruiter months later. I've been frustrated with getting hired by this company for years because I don't know what they require to be hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Ridiculously long process multiple phone screens, multiple in person interviews concluded with a 3 person panel interview by seemingly uninterested managers. Multiple recruiters responsible for sending emails and interview confirmations makes communication aggravating. Throughout my process I met and interviewed with 5 different managers across 3 departments, all the same with the exception of two who were far more down to earth and less egotistical. Little to know interest in my background or skills attained through my previous careers, all 3 interviewers displayed cynical expressions at times during my responses to questions. My perception was they couldn't appreciate that I could relate to what they called "challenges" for their respected departments. They pushed the start up mentality and the challenges that come with that but didn't seem to care that my last occupation was with a fast growing start up. Overall this leaves me with some disdain for Tesla, all my interactions with employees via phone or in person at Tesla locations everyone comes across very average but managers will tell you otherwise. During my tour of a service center I saw technicians eating donuts while working on cars, service concierge conversing in groups huddled around cell phones and service advisors scrolling the internet between customers who are more than willing to point you in the right direction and never leave their chair.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about tesla   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for tesla   1 Answer
    • We sometimes have worked backed up for days, and sometimes work that needs to be completed yesterday, can you handle that   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

3 round interview. First via phone. Kind, but professional HR. Than two interview on the site where you applied. Professional management, correct, easy and fair interview. The ability work in a team is the most important

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a conflict with the co-worker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesla (Reno, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I was first asked to complete an online technician exam that took about 10 minutes. After I completed the exam I had a brief 15 minute interview with a recruiter. They told me I would hear back within the week. I was never contacted or responded to after several attempts at reaching out to the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with what the Gigafactory is and what is being manufactured here?   Answer Question