Tesoro Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesoro Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

Mechanical Engineering Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (Grand Forks, ND) in February 2017.

Interview

Spoke with Tesoro at Career Fair in September, got a call in the beginning of February for an interview. Basic behavioral questions and some technical questions regarding a heat exchanger. Interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a dangerous situation and what did you do to handle it?   Answer Question

Summer( Chemical En)Gineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiters at the university job fair in September , received a call in December for an interview in January. was interviewed by 2 individuals. Read questions from a paper, paper had about 25 questions but they choose about 5 that seemed important. Then had a technical question involving a white board and data that i was supposed derive equations for a specific process. I was the first interview for the morning and they seemed to not have this technical question process thought out . Made it difficult to answer correctly. haven't heard back yet

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

HR Phone Screening, Hiring Manager Phone Screening, in office back to back interviews with two people in each interview. Pummelling of questions. Need to treat candidates with respect.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

HR Screening, Hiring Manager Screening, Half Day interview with two people per hour. Best to talk to someone in the company before interviewing to know exactly what is being looked for. Likely their minds were already made up before the interviewing even started.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

applied in september and got a call in october for an interview. recruiter verified US authorization over the phone and scheduled me for an on campus interview. 2 interviewers in one 30 minute interview. very fast paced and professional. received a phone call about a week later where i received an offer and had a week to accept/decline.

Interview Questions

• when i would answer a question they would change facts. Name a time you tried to implement something and succeed...what if your supervision said no?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation.

Interview

Applied online and got a reply about 3 - 4 weeks after. My interview was scheduled 5 days from the call. It was a wonderful experience. Behavioral questions were more than technical questions. The person interviewing me showed a lot of interest in trying to know me as a person, and tried to create a 'casual' conversation. Heard back in a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you faced a problem and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview with internal recruiter, followed by telephone interview with hiring manager. This was then followed by multiple interviews onsite with different managers. The questions were not really technical but more on how I would go about things.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a manager that micro-managed you?   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation.

Interview

The interview was 2 - 1 hour consecutive panels with 4 people on each panel. The panel would take turns asking questions and there was a brief break in between the next panel.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you dealt with at work?   Answer Question

Process Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (Carson, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with HR
    2. Phone Screen with Hiring Manager
    3. Day Visit with 3-4 Interviews. One semi-informal, one 1.5 hr panel interview.

Prior to the day visit, I had to take an online personality assessment test. The panel interview at the site used the analysis from the assessment test for the interviewers to ask targeted questions.

Interview Questions

• Panel interview was all behavorial based questions (Tell me about a time).

Panel interviews wanted to know about situations where:
      1) Working with a difficult co-worker
      2) Saw/heard something and took initiative to improve it
      3) Time when you made a mistake and how you dealt with it
      4) Experience with project management
      Answer Question

Senior Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Pray and hope they still don't have there Cyber Security Analyst/part time bouncer asking questions, he was all over the place and rambled on and on. His questions were easy though most were irrelevant you could tell he was winging the phone interview and did not prepare. Hopefully now they have a more professional andmethodical process.

Interview Questions

• How well do you document your work, so that someone else could easily pick up where you left off without having to consult you?   Answer Question