Tesoro Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesoro Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation.

Interview

Went through a phone interview and an in person interview. During the interview some of the time was spent learning about the position and then questions about previous employment and skills.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses, questions about the job description.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was nice and easy, they made me feel comfortable, and explained exactly what was wanted in that position, explained the company in full, what they do, locations. Asked about me, what I knew, what I wanted out of position.

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (Carson, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First, you have to apply online. There is going to be a test and it takes up to 5 hour. Within two weeks, you will receive an email if you pass. Then I receive a phone call after two week for an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the situation if your co-worker constantly does not wear the proper PPE and safety?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (Grand Forks, ND) in February 2017.

Interview

Spoke with Tesoro at Career Fair in September, got a call in the beginning of February for an interview. Basic behavioral questions and some technical questions regarding a heat exchanger. Interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a dangerous situation and what did you do to handle it?   Answer Question

Summer( Chemical En)Gineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiters at the university job fair in September , received a call in December for an interview in January. was interviewed by 2 individuals. Read questions from a paper, paper had about 25 questions but they choose about 5 that seemed important. Then had a technical question involving a white board and data that i was supposed derive equations for a specific process. I was the first interview for the morning and they seemed to not have this technical question process thought out . Made it difficult to answer correctly. haven't heard back yet

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

HR Phone Screening, Hiring Manager Phone Screening, in office back to back interviews with two people in each interview. Pummelling of questions. Need to treat candidates with respect.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

HR Screening, Hiring Manager Screening, Half Day interview with two people per hour. Best to talk to someone in the company before interviewing to know exactly what is being looked for. Likely their minds were already made up before the interviewing even started.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

applied in september and got a call in october for an interview. recruiter verified US authorization over the phone and scheduled me for an on campus interview. 2 interviewers in one 30 minute interview. very fast paced and professional. received a phone call about a week later where i received an offer and had a week to accept/decline.

Interview Questions

• when i would answer a question they would change facts. Name a time you tried to implement something and succeed...what if your supervision said no?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation.

Interview

Applied online and got a reply about 3 - 4 weeks after. My interview was scheduled 5 days from the call. It was a wonderful experience. Behavioral questions were more than technical questions. The person interviewing me showed a lot of interest in trying to know me as a person, and tried to create a 'casual' conversation. Heard back in a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you faced a problem and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesoro Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process went the behavioral response method for asking questions. The interviewer would provide a situation one could see at work or in real life and request an example in which you experienced something similar. They would ask for the action and result.

Interview Questions

• If you see someone in a difficult situation they cannot get out of on their own, how do you proceed?   Answer Question