Testronic Labs Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Testronic Labs Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.2

QA Localisation Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Testronic Labs (Croydon, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called about 2~3 weeks after the application, which was a surprise, but I was later told that the company was in shortage of my language.

The first was a phone interview, mainly asking for my gaming experiences, such as what kind of games I like and which platform I prefer and whether I am eligible to work in the UK.

The main interview was more like a test, first testing my linguistic skills in both English and my language, followed by finding localization bugs while playing a video game, as well as detecting various errors in texts (such as spelling, grammar and spacing) as well as translations, both to and from English and my language.

After passing the interview came the trial day, which focused on teaching the basics of Localisation QA, such as what kind of bugs to look for, and how to write a bug report.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The biggest was whether I was available to work night shifts (5 PM to 2 AM) or not.

QA Localisation Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Testronic Labs (Croydon, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a quick phone interview with them where they asked me about what kind of games I like to play and if I prefer to play on console or PC - then had a second interview where I came in to do some games testing, some proofreading and a translation. There were two other people at the interview with me.

Graduate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Testronic Labs (Croydon, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Upon arrival I was asked to wait in the receiving area. After a short delay i was escorted to the meeting room where i was interviewed by the COO. Many of the common interview question were asked, i.e. what do you know about the company, and why do you think you would fit the position.

Following this the interview became far more relaxed, becoming a general chat about games, work history, university.

Interview Questions

• How did you perceive your previous employment and why did you leave?   1 Answer

QA Localisation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Testronic Labs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Back in the day, I came in for an interview, was asked a few questions regarding games and my experience with them. The knowledge of the recruiter was well below par. The Recruitment process has since then changed drastically.

Interview Questions

• - Do you play games?
      - List games, platform etc. you play them on.
      Answer Question

QA Localisation Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Testronic Labs (Croydon, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

First part was with some general questions about games. (favorite games, favorite console etc). Followed by tests about how familiar is the candidate with the "game environment", the target language and the "eye-to-detail). This process was quite easy and lasted for about 2 hours. If this was successful, the second part was the trial and assessment day, which lasts 7 hours and simulates the typical working processes and a quick briefing about them.

Interview Questions

• Favorite games and consoles   1 Answer

Localisation QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Testronic Labs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and a couple of days later received a phone call about the job. The person asked some simple questions over the phone and proceeded to book an interview day. Later they sent me an email with all the details more in depth. I attended the practical interview where I had a computer and had to do timed tasks to ensure I knew well the language I was testing for and to ensure I could play video games, it lasted altogether an hour and a half. Staff were very friendly throughout the whole process. On the same day of the practical day I received a positive feedback about the practical day and was invited to come in for a trial day, a whole day training and practicing. The first part of the day they explain all you need to know about the job, you learn procedures and etc, the second part of the day you do some practical tests on what you learned and it will get evaluated. A couple of days later, they sent me a positive feedback and asked me to give them my availability for the next two months (preferably), after doing that I never heard about them again. I know they are moving office now and maybe that it the reason why they haven't given me a starting date yet, but I'm not sure I'll stay with them for long after reading employees reviews here.

Interview Questions

• Do you play games? Which ones? What kind of games are your favorite?   Answer Question

Lqa Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Testronic Labs (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

The first stage is a written test where you do some translating of a game-type scenario into your native language so they can see if you can localise and understand gaming vocabulary. When you pass that onto the next stage you go in and they have you actually play some of the games and look for onscreen bugs and take screenshots and make bug reports

Interview Questions

• If I liked video games and I have a good eye for mistakes   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was simple and to the point, they put you in a talent pool with other people and cal you in for either day or night shifts whenever there is a project. They started calling me a couple of weeks after the interview. I started as zero hour contract tester and got offered inhouse job, but that was luck in my opinion

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Testronic Labs (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a 1 to 1 interview with the current recruiter and the HR assistant - went through my relevant experience and interest in the games industry. They walked me through the role, explaining that during peak times I will be asked to work full time and were interested to see my view on it.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a part time role?
      Do you play games?
      Answer Question

Localisation Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Testronic Labs (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Just a causal meeting with the trainer and other candidates. A brief introduction for the company and now its work. Simple computer tests, game knowledge tests and written language tests were required.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Testronic Labs (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online via reed, received a call a few weeks later when they needed my language. Went in for a short interview and language test. I received the language test results back within a few days and was hired.
    The interview was just standard stuff. What are you good at, what are your weaknesses etc. It's pretty low-key. They basically just want to know that you're not a complete idiot. You don't need video game experience to get hired. It helps but it's definitely not a requirement.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest weakness/strenght? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question