Texas A&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas A&M Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.2

Conversation Partner Interview

Interview

It was a group interview that lasted about 30 minutes. They asked me questions about my experiences with international students as well as different situational questions. I definitely enjoyed the interview process.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Start with introduction of course, then your goal and your interest. Describe how to work efficiently. Provide your opinion about your career plan. How long you are expecting to stay.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas A&M (College Station, TX).

Interview

I haven't had the interview yet. What do you expect me to say? I am looking for a job, but you are asking me to say something that I haven't experienced. And about 50 word minimum, it makes me feel like I am writing an essay assignment for school. This is a terrible experience of the website. Basically you just want to collect data from the user.

Outreach Worker II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas A&M.

Interview

Relaxed. The interviewer was half an hour late to our appointed meeting time. Then upon arrival took an extra fifteen minutes to prepare which I found unprofessional. The interview wasn't difficult but also not the easiest if caught unprepared for all kinds of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a work project you were part of and how you managed it to get your desired results.   Answer Question

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas A&M (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, received email confirmation and scheduled interview. Was not told it would be a group interview but it was fine. Broke off into 1 on 1 for last round of interviews. Standard character and ethics questions.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas A&M.

Interview

Phone interview. The people conducting the interview did not introduce themselves to me. One person began reading questions like a robot, and would reply with "Good" when I finished answering before reading the next question. They seemed over-worked and uninterested in interviewing me, which was frustrating because I was invited to interview and spent time preparing.

Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas A&M (College Station, TX).

Interview

I came and spoke with my Director, then we met with about 5 other people that were not even associated with this department and then I was hired. I did not understand why we met with the other people until after I was hired and that Director was retired and another hired. That group was closely associated with our group and we work closely together. The Director that retired was getting ready to leave and was not very helpful or communicative in the entire process. Once he retired, shortly after I was hired, the new Director and I learned what was supposed to go on and how to get things accomplished together. I now understand the workings of the departments, but in the beginning, I was very confused.

Interview Questions

• They asked about former experience in the field.   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas A&M (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Contact professor who incharged and discuss the teaching assistant job detail. Since the course I teach is directly related to my study, it's not hard to get it. However, TA opportunity is not much so get the job information as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• Willing to complete TA training? Attend TA weekly meeting? Prepare for lecture?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas A&M (College Station, TX).

Interview

Talk to Faculty. They will ask and know how good you are technically in the field. They will also want to know why you are in and help you to accomplish your goal all along the way. Don't worry about your knowledge or skill set. They will shape you.

Student Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas A&M (College Station, TX).

Interview

Two interview rounds that included a campus interview and presentation. First round was a 30 minute phone interview. Second round was a day long campus interview. They use a quantitative scoring system rather than a three-scale recommend or not recommend evaluation form for interviewers. Flight and lodging were taken care of and meals are provided for the campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you delivered difficult feedback.   Answer Question