Texas Campaign for the Environment Canvasser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Campaign for the Environment

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Campaign for the Environment (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview has 2 phases. The first phase is the actual interview. I was interviewed with staff director for about 15-20 mins and offered to join the observation day. The observation day is the second phase of the interview. It is a great place to learn the environmental issues and gain experiences. The coworkers are very friendly and knowledgable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Campaign for the Environment

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Campaign for the Environment (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was 30 minutes, where you just talk to the manager about the non-profit, and what you would be doing. They don't really turn you away. You just need to be excited about working at the non-profit, and they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Texas Campaign for the Environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Campaign for the Environment (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very simple, if you are passionate about the environment you will be hired. You will be judged on your communication skills so come in confidently. Eye contact and directness are good when interviewing for any job. Keep it fun, there's never any need to be completely serious at all time. It's a brief process but hiring team is good at making you feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Campaign for the Environment (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

They tell you about the romantic aspect of the job such as you are changing the world. But thy never detail what you actually have to do. I was not ask any real questions.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Campaign for the Environment (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

It's a pretty standard interview. You will talk with the canvass director and mainly I think they are looking to make sure you are reasonably well spoken and have some interest in the work. The interview process is not difficult because they real test is whether or not you will be able to meet the fundraising standards once you get hired. If you don't, you will not last more than a week or two.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember, It was generally the standard questions you would expect.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Campaign for the Environment (Austin, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter to the TCE email. About three days later I received a phone call and spoke with the interviewer. It lasted about 10 minutes and he invited me to come to a face-to-face interview at the HQ in Austin. That interview lasted about 15 minutes and consisted of me answering the question "Why did you apply for TCE?" The supervisor told me a little about the job and invited me to go to the observation day. On observation day we shadowed a field manager and watched them fundraise and campaign. About two hours before the day ended, we were allowed to go to houses by ourselves and try our luck with fundraising. We brought back any monies/letters we earned and either got a job offer or didn't. I got a job offer and we went back to the office to discuss benefits and so I could receive a new employee packet to fill out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of Texas Campaign for the Environment?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever fundraised before? Campaigned or advocated before?   Answer Question

Negotiation